✿Chapter.11✿

The town centre was crowded as many walked around admiring the festival before them. Stands and shops were put up, and sweet smelling food filled the air. Lanterns lit the streets while balloons and streamers swayed in the wind.

Quackity and Y/n strolled down the streets looking at each tender and their products. Quackity had even pointed excitedly to a game stand. Both tried winning a big prize for the other, but to no avail. Y/n ended up winning a small plastic ring, to which she gave to Quackity.

It was a small ring, the plastic gem on the top was blue and sparkly. Almost like a sapphire, only lighter and more glittery. Taking the ring from Y/n's hand he smiled at her with adoration in his eyes. She smiled back, soon getting distracted when she had seen Tubbo. "Come on Q! Let's go meet up with him!"

He smiled at her excitement, looking down at the ring in his hand he thought for a moment. Looking back up he began walking over to the two. In a swift motion he slipped off his gold engagement ring, replacing it with the plastic one. He let the metal ring fall into the dirt, as it rolled into the grass. He never liked that bland ring anyhow.

Catching up to the two he listened to them blab on about how the festival games were being rigged. They might've not been wrong, Schlatt's a cheap person.

The trio chatted as they sat on and near the podium platform. Today felt new, warmer, and cheery, it was a relief for Quackity after the week he's had. For Y/n however, her nerves were running through her like a wildfire.

Who could even blame her though? They were about to assassinate the president for XD's sake. What would happen to the people? To the country? The guards? Quackity? Everything constantly sounded like a broken record. Constantly worrying for what Quackity could possibly think.

Why had she cared so much? They hadn't known each other long, couple weeks that's all. Why had it felt so difficult to let go? Did she even want to let go?
.
.
.
She didn't.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Schlatt stood tall, a proud smile spread across his face. Before him sat the civilians of Manburg, they sat patiently waiting for him to speak. It was quiet, as Schlatt's shoes clicked over the stage. To the left of the podium stood Tubbo, while Quackity and Y/n stood on the right. All in uniform suits, all of them with sunglasses, Tubbos and Y/n's sat upon their heads.

She began to play with the stitching along her pants as she scanned over the crowd. In the left front she could see Niki and Techno, both concealed as best as they could. Upon a hill outside the border of L'manburg she could see her other two brothers. Tommy sat in the grass as Wilbur leaned against a tree.

Once stood in front of the podium, he paused smiling even wider at the crowd. He soon began,

"Welcome all to our grand festival of our new nation! I'm glad democracy has brought all of us here and this great country from the dirts of hell. Today I'd like to make a mark in history, a reminder to all those who are watching." He paused, handing some concrete back stage to Fundy.

Without hesitation Fundy took the pieces, Punz soon appeared holding onto Y/n. Tubbo was sat in place confusion riddled all over his face. He was soon encased in the yellow concrete. Schlatt soon continued ignoring Tubbo's confused persistence.

"I know what you've been up to Tubbo." He says cackling. "What do you mean what have-" "HAHAHAAA 'WHAT DO YOU MEAN' HE SAYSS!! Tubbo I know you've been conspiring with those, those, tyrants! Those tyrants that I've kicked out of this server, kicked out to keep peace in this nation! Tubbo, I don't know if you know this but treason isn't exactly a respectable thing to do in this country, nor is it tolerated." He glared once more at Tubbo as he stood in front of him.

Turning to glance over at the crowd of seated citizens he looks back to Tubbo. Y/n is absolutely livid as of now, her heart is racing as she frantically looks for Techno, who she cannot find. Upon the hill while this all goes down Wilbur has shot up. Without notice he begins to run, he's absolutely lost it.

Shit
Shit
Shit
Shit
Shit
Shit
Shit

They found out, they found out, we need to go, this nation needs to go, this symphony that I have started needs to come to an end. He kept running, along the borders, along the building, the terrain, eventually making it farther into the country. To no avail.

Button
Button
Where's the fucking button.

After noticing Wilbur had left Tommy had begun to panic more. His friend has been sought out, his sister is down there held back, and his brother had just run off. He hastily began making his way down to the centre, soon hearing the mic go off again.

"Do you know what happens to traitors Tubbo? Nothing good." He soon turns slowly to look at his two astound guards, whilst Y/n continued to resist against Punz. "Looks like my dear bodyguard over here seems to be in the same boat as Tubbo huh?" He says with a devilish grin. "Technoblade, I would like you to come up on stage, now."

Y/n watched as her brother pulled out his trident, flying onto the podium. He fidgeted as he looked between her and Tubbo. Schlatt began to speak once more. "Tubbo, as enemy of the state, a perpetrator of these awful awful people, I would like you Technoblade to take care of him for me." Techno stood confused before them, his back facing the crowd. "Uh.. what do you mean by that exactly?" He asked.

"EXECUTE HIM NOW!! AND MAKE IT HURT!! MY OWN RIGHT HAND MAN! IN MY OWN COUNTRY!" he began yelling. In the crowds shock began to fill over, Niki's cries could even be heard. "Hey Schlatt let's talk about this– we have a prison over there please–" Quackity began begging softly. "Yeah, yeah let's throw him in prison instead this is becoming very stressful." Techno added with a nervous laugh.

"Technoblade. Launch. The. Gun. Now." Schlatt commanded.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Ok so this chapter was winding up a little long so I'm going to split it into two. But don't worry the second half is uploaded too at like 5:00 pm est or earlier, surprise double upload this week :))