✿Chapter.5✿

In front of her laid a dark suit and tie, as well as a pair of sunglasses. A little tacky in her opinion. She sat in the bathroom looking in the mirror as she secured the tie in place. It was a good quality suit, she wouldn't lie. She just felt out of place wearing it, it just wasn't the same as the more flexible outfit she had on before.

She slid the sunglasses into her hair and made her way back to the office. She was hoping the day would pass by quickly, as she had told Tubbo to meet her later after their shifts. Then she would be taking him to Pogtopia, hopefully reuniting him and Tommy.

The door creaked slightly as she pushed the door open. In the chairs sat Schlatt and Quackity, one oblivious and the other annoyed with the ram horned man. Today Schlatt had explained they would be having a meeting with a local bakery and that they would need to go downtown.

Her mind thought back to the shorter girl with faded hair. Maybe she had been the owner, or at least a worker. She had seemed pretty friendly when she saw her earlier.

Schlatt goes into more detail, spewing nonsense about the economy. She couldn't care less about what more he had to say. What she would focus on was gaining Intel and protecting Tubbo and Quackity. They were her priority.

They walk out the office into the open halls, Y/n behind and Quackity trailing next to her. It was silent throughout the air, besides the sound of their footsteps. Her boots could be heard echoing off the walls, making her want to step lighter.

Along the quartz walls lined portraits of Schlatt and hanging lanterns. Some with him drinking Brandy with a cigar in his hand, and others with Quackity. The portraits that contained the two of them always looked so stiff. Neither smiling except the slight ghost of a grin from Quackity.

As they made their way out the sun blinded her comparing to the more dim building. She shielded her eyes while stepping down the stone steps. Soon enough, right after they got down another guard seemed to walk over, accompanying them.

"Y/n this is one of my top guards, a little like secret services if I may." Schlatt said turning to her. The blonde hooded guard glanced at her, "The name's Punz, try not to get in the way." He spoke coldly. She narrowed her eyes at the man, "More like don't get in my way."

Walking down the paths became a little more tense than she would like. However Schlatt seemed to be more than comfortable. He walked with confidence and arrogance. He held his head high as he waved to citizens as they passed.

Soon enough they had made it to a quaint bakery. Covered in pastel colours and flowers on the outside. The air smelled of chocolate and strawberries. A ring could be heard as Punz opened the door for Schlatt.

There stood the shorter girl, she adorned a cream coloured apron and had her hair tied out of her face. She was turned away from the entrance, holding a pan of muffins as she placed them. "Hello welcome to my bakery I hope you're having a great-" her sentence stopped once she had seen who had stepped in.

Her smile faded as she grew cold. "What do you want from me." She said. Her happy tone now gone and the friendly atmosphere disappeared. Schlatt chuckled, "Niki! I think we should have a chat about..a few remarks you've made to people around town."

Her jaw was clenched as she took her oven mitts off. The girl made her way around the counter and sat at a cleared table against the wall. It was silent, tense, and Y/n did not want to be there. She shifted in her place as she stood behind Schlatt and Quackity with Punz.

"So I've been hearing around that you've been complaining about my leadership Niki. As well as you shutting down your bakery. Care to explain?" Schlatt asked as he leaned on the table a little. Niki stared blankly at the man before her, thinking of what she could say.

"Why would it matter if I closed my establishment? I don't want to run a business for a country lead by a drunk." She spat. Her arms were now crossed, as her nails slightly dug into her sleeves.

Schlatt's eyebrow twitched a little hearing this from her, he stared as he began. "Listen Niki, this country will be big, it'll grow to be a great nation and businesses need to stay open in order to grow the economy. So I suggest you keep this place open, or I'll have you thrown out this country as well." He said smiling.

Her face paled at this, still holding her ground she still glared at him. "Am I clear? Let that sink in doll, I'll make sure someone keeps an eye on you." He said as he pushed out his chair. "Come I want to fill out more work, Punz go patrol the border." Schlatt announced as they left the bakery. Punz nodded as he pulled out his trident.

Y/n was last out the door, she casted one last look over to who she now knew as Niki. She looked at her with an apologetic look and mouthed the words I'm sorry to her. Niki looked back up with a saddened smile as she waved.  Maybe she could recruit her for Pogtopia as well she had thought. Niki looked like a fighter, a very opinionated one at that.

"Quackity, pumpkin, take Y/n around the building when we get back. She can't possibly be able to protect me if she gets lost in there." He said looking over at the shorter man. Quackity almost gagged at how sweet Schlatt was being. It was probably only because they were in public.

"Sure.." he replied stuffing his hands in his pockets. Schlatt smiled as he put his arm around Quackity, continuing to stroll down the road. The winged boy recoiled slightly at this, he reeked of whiskey.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

Slightly shorter this time again I apologize! I'll make sure the next chapter is long, and it'll be a good one! :]

Hope u lot enjoyed! <3