Chapter 6: Peter's Seceret

The news was all over Hemlock Grove about a stripper getting killed by a vicious animal. Catalina was shocked to find out who it was: Megan. Her mouth was agape and her eyes filled with shock and sadness. Without blurring the image she saw the body. Limbs torn, intestines all out, blood everywhere. She gagged at the sight of Megan's body. Roman quickly shut off the tv and rushed over to his sister trying to comfort her. He too was also in a state of shock.

"I'm sorry that you had to see that", he mumbled while hugging her.

"I can't believe she's gone", Catalina mumbled back. "There's no way an animal could've done this. It had to be a person."

"It does look like she was killed by an animal."

"What kind of animal would do that Roman?"

"I don't know", he answered. "It could be supernatural." Roman was thinking about Peter. He searched a little bit about werewolves when he was bored at home. Roman didn't believe that the supernatural existed but Peter did fit the description of a werewolf and the rumors about him might be true. In Roman's mind, it made sense. "It could be Peter."

"Why would you say something like that about our friend?"

"He could be a werewolf."

"Do you actually believe that?" She sounded annoyed.

"Maybe."

"For goodness sake Roman this is real life. This isn't make-believe. Werewolves don't exist."

"Then we can look for clues that can possibly answer Megan's death." She hated the idea but she really needed the closure.

"Fine", Catalina finally agreed. "When are we going to search for clues?"

"Tonight. We can go to the spot that she was killed."

"I'm not going there."

"Fine, I'll go by myself." When the night came Roman was ready to leave.

"Roman", Catalina whispered shouted, "Wait for me."

"I thought you didn't want to go."

"I changed my mind. I gotta make sure you don't get yourself in trouble or worse dead. I would never forgive myself if something bad ever happened to you." That put a smile on Roman's face. They drove to the woods where the stripper was killed. It felt surreal for the both of them. They were in the woods with flashlights looking for the spot where she was brutally murdered. Catalina pulled out the pepper spray afraid that something or someone might get them.

"Why you got the pepper spray?"

"Just in case someone or something attacks us I'll be ready."

"What if it doesn't have eyes." Catalina's heart dropped and her facial expression changed to horror.

"Shit", Catalina mumbled with fear in her voice. Roman burst out laughing. "That's not funny!"

"You should've seen the look on your face!"

"Asshole", she hit his shoulder. They heard footsteps coming from behind them. Roman immediately stopped laughing. They both faced towards the noise. Catalina held up the pepper spray with her handshaking.

"Who's out there?" Roman yelled. Then appeared Peter. Great relief washed over them but Roman was still suspicious about Peter. "What are doing here?"

"I wanted to find out who killed the girl. What are you two doing here?"

"Same thing", answered Roman. "But maybe I already found out who did it." Roman stared at Peter which he caught on.

"Are you pinpointing me?"

"People do say you're a werewolf."

"That's bullshit. You really believe that? Maybe you're the one that killed her."

"What motive-"

"Alright, guys stop pointing the fingers at each other. Let's all figure out this mystery", Catalina intervened. "But first, we gotta find the spot that she was murdered." Peter leads the way. Roman slightly pulled back Catalina to him.

"I don't trust him", he whispered.

"What choice do we have", she whispered back.

"It's here", Peter announced. The police tape was wrapped around the spot. They went over it. There were specks of dried blood on the ground and on a tree. Catalina observed the blood while Roman and Peter was searching for a guide. Peter observed the ground. He shortly found huge footprints. He sniffed a couple times before making a conclusion. "Vargulf", he mumbled to himself.

"What did you find", asked Roman. He was hesitant to answer but did.

"It was a wolf." Catalina came over to them. She looked at the paw prints. It was huge.

"Well, now we know what did it. Let's go home."Peter began to act weird which made Catalina be suspicious of him. He hurriedly left the two siblings behind.

"That's weird", Catalina said.

"I told you he was suspicious", replied Roman.

"Let's go home this place is giving me the creeps." They left the wood and headed back home.

"Those looked way too big to be a wolf," Roman said as they were entering their home.

"You think so?"

"Yeah."

"Children where have you been", their mother spoke as she was coming down the stairs.

"We were just hanging out mother", Catalina responded.

"It's late darlings get some rest."

"Ok mother." They headed upstairs and Olivia kissed them good night. Olivia heard them talking about a wolf which made her suspicious. She believed her kids weren't ready for what was yet to come...

"Ok so an average adult wolf paw print is between 3 and 4 inches wide and 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 inches long", Catalina informed Roman.

"Those prints looked about around 5 or 6 inches wide."

"You think it was Vargulf that did that to that poor girl", asked Destiny Peter's cousin. Peter and Lynda were at Destiny's house discussing the discovery he made.

"I saw the paw prints myself and I could smell it." Destiny was silent. Then she spoke.

"I think you should stay out of it and let nature take its course."

"What if it kills again."

"Then let it kill again. Eventually, that beast will die due to the disease." He didn't like what his cousin said.

"Fine I will", he lied.

"Promise?"

"Promise." He lied again.

"Well, I think everyone needs a drink after that wonderful convo", Lynda announced. As they sat down and drank beer Peter finally spoke.

"Should I tell them what I am?"

"What the hell Peter", Destiny said.

"Do you trust them", asked his mom.

"Yes."

"Then do it."

"What the hell Lynda. He barely knows them."

"But I feel like I can trust them already." Peter replied. "I know it's strange but I have this feeling... I can't really explain."

"It's ok you don't have to", his mom said.