Chapter 41: The Small Village

It was hard for the three to find a taxi that was going to drive them to that specific location. Most didn't know about the location and some were too afraid to drive them. Roman had to hypnotize one of the scared taxi drivers to take them. They arrived in the village pretty late. Peter saw an old wooden sign that said Micul Sat (the small village). The three were exhausted and hungry. Catalina and Roman's feeding schedules were pretty messed up which Catalina hated. Upirs hunger was pretty intense. All they heard was Peter and the taxi driver's blood flow and pulse. Catalina tried blocking the sound but it was too difficult. Roman was beginning to have the sweats. The taxi driver stopped the vehicle. The three got off and grabbed their luggage in the trunk. After they got their belongings the taxi driver wasted no time in speeding away.

"Roman you ok", asked Peter.

"I'm fucking hungry", the tall man sounded irritated. "S-sorry." He looked at Catalina. "Let's ask someone for your aunt's house." They took in the scenery. It was as if they went back in time. Modern villages had at least pole lines for phone connection and the people wore modern clothes. Either the people refused to progress or they didn't know about the outside world. Their houses and buildings for businesses were made out of wood. The people were beginning to close down everything since it was night. They didn't want to be abducted by the monster that watched them. A teen girl noticed them. She ran out towards them.

"Vino cu mine dacă vrei să trăiești." (come with me if you want to live)

"Follow her", Peter spoke. They followed the girl to her home. The girl got instantly smacked by her mother.

"De ce fugi când știi ce se întâmplă dacă o faci?"(why would you run out when you know what happens if you do)

"Străinii erau acolo. Nu am vrut să li se întâmple ceva rău." (the strangers were out there. i didn't want anything bad happening to them)

"Uită de ei! Lasă-i monstrul să le ia!" (Forget about them! Let the monstress take them!)  Peter's spine chilled when the older woman feminized the word monster.

"What are they saying", Catalina whispered to Peter.

"Just bickering."

"Excuse me", Roman intervened we are looking for someone named Sylvia. The mom connected the dots.

"Sylvia nu locuiește printre noi. Ea locuiește în afara satului." (Sylvia doesn't live among us. She lives outside of the village)

"Sylvia doesn't live in the village. She lives outside of it", translated Peter.

"We will be on our way then", Roman spoke. As he was about to open the door. The teen quickly blocked the entrance.

"Trebuie să rămâi! Este mai sigur pentru tine în ascultare!" (You must stay! it's safer for you in hear!)

"Andreea", her mother shouted.

"Te rog, mamă. Nu-i lăsa să iasă afară." (Please, mom. Don't let them go out), the girl began to tear up. The mother sighed and finally agreed to keep them for the night.

"Stay...for dinner", the mom spoke with a thick accent. She made homemade food from scratch. She served everyone before herself. They all ate in silence until Peter tried speaking in Romanian to the older woman.

"Ce știi despre monstruoasă?" (What do you know about the monstress)

"Se spune că a fost adusă aici din lumea interlopă pentru a blestema acest sat. În fiecare lună plină ne ia oamenii și îi mănâncă, dar mereu ne închidem în fiecare noapte doar pentru a fi în siguranță." (They say that she was brought here from the underworld to curse this village. Every full moon she takes our people and eat them, but we always lock ourselves in every night just to be safe), the older woman spoke softly as if she didn't no one to hear her speak about the monstress. "Nu ar trebui să vă spun asta, dar din moment ce voi trei sunteți străini, trebuie să știți în ce vă băgați vizitând aici." (I shouldn't be telling you this but since you three are foreigners you must know what you're getting into by visiting here.)

"Știi despre Sylvia?" (Do you know about Sylvia?)

"Tot ce știu este că este o femeie bogată care ne ajută atunci când avem nevoie. Este o femeie bună." (All I know is she's a rich woman that helps us when are in need. She's a good woman), the older woman smiled. "Am decis să o alegem drept cancelar." (We decided to choose her as our chancellor.) Catalina and Roman looked confused. Hopefully their friend will let them know after dinner. When everybody finished dinner the mom let Catalina and Roman in her daughter's bed and Peter on the couch in the living room. The daughter and mom both went to her mom's bed to sleep there. Before the three went to sleep, Peter went to the room talk to Catalina and Roman about the information he got from the Romanian lady. Could this be another vargulf situation, asked Catalina after Peter told him what the woman said to him.

"I don't know but it sounds like it."

"Fuck not another one", Roman sighed.

"And your aunt is the chancellor of this village."Catalina looked at Roman with a shock expression.

"Convincing Sylvia to move in with us is going to be harder now", spoke Roman. Catalina started to feel a little bit dread after hearing that.