Chapter 29: Olivia's Lies

Catalina didn't need to work since she was rich, but it was better than staying home and doing nothing. She passed her GED and became Roman's assistant. When she began working roman couldn't stop touching her.

"Roman behave yourself. It's very unprofessional." She said as she was giving him some paperwork.

"I can't help it. You look sexy in that outfit", he kissed her cheek.

"Well, we have a job to do". She gave him a small smile. "Roman?"

"Yes my love."

"Do you know where mother lives?"

"No, and I don't care. Why do you ask?"

"I just need answers."

"Well, don't go looking for answers from her she'll just spew lies."

"She probably knows about my adoptive parents." Roman sighed heavily. She was right after all.

"Alright...But I'll come with you."

"Ok", she smiled once more. Back in Olivia's home, she was getting ready to see her family doctor, Dr. Spivak.

"I'll be back Shelley. I need to do some errands", Olivia caressed her daughter's cheek. She left her small apartment and drove away in her car. As she arrived Dr.Spivak had just finished with an elder patient.

"Ah, Mrs. Godfrey it is so nice to see you."

"Hello, Dr. Spivak", she smiled.

"Hello hello. What brings you here?"

"Well, remember the problem I had about hearing voices and that I found ways to calm them."

"Yes."

"The stuff I've been doing all of a sudden doesn't work anymore."

"Hmm, that's odd. It was working for some years I wonder why it stopped."

"I'm wondering the same too. That's why I came here hoping you had something to ease my thoughts."

"Thankfully, I have been working on something to help with your problem and people with similar problems. It's an injection but hopefully, I'll be able to turn it into a pill."

"That's wonderful", her eyes sparkled with hope. He injected her with the fluid that would soon seal her fate.

"Thank you so much, Dr. Spivak."

"Any time Mrs. Godfrey. See ya! Hey if it comes back again I can give you another dose."

"Alright", she smiled. She hoped the injection will last long. She arrived at her small apartment. There was a car that was parked on her usual spot

"Just great," she mumbled to herself. Olivia had to park a little further from her apartment. She walked into her small apartment greeted by Roman and Catalina on the couch. Shelley was also there with them.

"What a surprise", she smiled. Roman didn't acknowledge her.

"Hello...mother."

"Catalina darling how are you."

"Fine, thank you."

"We aren't here for a conversation. We just want answers and we will be on our way", Roman spoke bluntly.

"Alright, then what do you want to know?"

"My adoptive parents." Olivia's smile faded.

"Oh...well darling", she seemed to hesitate, "your other adoptive parents didn't want you anymore. The woman who took care of the adoption process told me that they regretted adopting a baby so they put you back."

"Why did you have their paperwork?"

"If they ever wanted you back I would have known who they were, ready to refuse and fight for you." She was lying on the spot. Catalina and Shelley seemed to believe her but Roman on the other hand was very cautious about his snake mother.

"Oh", was all she said. "That's all I needed to know. Thank you and goodbye mother. Bye Shelley", Catalina hugged Shelley.

"Bye Shell", Roman hugged his younger sister as well.

"Bye Catalina, bye Roman." Roman ignored Olivia and walked past her.

"Wow can't believe they didn't want me", Catalina spoke as they walked out of the building.

"They didn't deserve someone special like you."He kissed her forehead. He started his car and drove back home.