Chapter 33: Escape

If was late at night and Olivia was asleep. Shelley was up, ready to get out of this hellhole. Her mother has been getting worse as each day passes. Olivia frequently lashed out at her poor daughter and the girl finally had enough of this abuse. She tried being gentle and patient with her mother but it's been no use. She crept out of her room and quietly headed out of the small apartment. The tall girl made her way to the white tower. She broke in without signaling the guards. The young girl managed to get to the top floor without sounding an alarm. She entered Dr.Pryce's room. Shelley didn't want to wake him up but she had to, she needed answers.

"Dr.Pryce." She whispered. He gasped as he heard the girl's voice. He was a very light sleeper so anything can easily wake him up. He quickly removed his sleep mask.

"Shelley? What are you doing here?" The startled man quickly asked.

"I need to find Roman."

"You could've come by during the day to ask that." She shook her head.

"No. Mother wouldn't let me...something's wrong with her Dr. Pryce." Shelley felt sad and ashamed to tell someone else about this.

"What's wrong?" His expression softens.

"Mother's been talking to herself and I think she's been hallucinating. I've caught her talking on the couch with no one beside her...and her mood swings they're too much to handle." She lowered her head as tears began streaming down her face. "That's why I had to come at night. If she knew she would be furious." Dr. Pryce wasn't good with physical contact but for Shelley, he would do it. He embraced her and told her everything will be ok. This calmed her down a bit.

"I can take you to Roman if that's what you like", he let go of her as he told her. With her wet cheeks, Shelley was able to smile at the news. She nodded a yes to the scientist. "Just wait out in the hallway I'm going to change. It'll take a few moment." Shelley nodded and waited for the scientist to get ready. Just as he said he was quickly out the door. The two headed down the tower to his car. They hopped in and they were on their way to Roman's place. When they arrived Shelley's heart began to beat hard. It felt so long since she had last seen her brother and sister. She got out of the car, then timidly approached the beautiful home. Dr.Pryce knocked on the door rather hard. In the house, roman woke up angry. Who could be knocking at this time he thought. Roman was ready to give a piece of his mind to whoever was at the door. He quickly went downstairs. Roman angrily swung open the door. All of his anger quickly left when he saw Shelley.

"Sorry", she spoke quietly. Roman still couldn't believe his baby sister was able to speak.

"C-come in", he stepped aside to let the two in. "Is something wrong? Is Olivia ok?" He didn't care about the witch but he wanted to make she his sister was well taken care of. Then he thought of the worse, "did she hurt you?" He quickly asked. Roman felt anger again.

"Roman calm down." Shelley gently said. Catalina came down the steps yawning as she rubbed her eyes. When she saw Shelley she instantly woke up.

"Shelley hi!" She gave her tall sister a bear hug.  She look to the right and saw Dr. Pryce standing next to Shelley. "Hello, Dr. Pryce." The man greeted her back smiling at her. "What are you guys doing here at this time?"

"Something is wrong with mother." Shelly got straight to the point. "She is not mentally well and has rather become aggressive towards me", she felt sad when she said it.

"You can stay with us from now on", spoke Roman. He kept him but deep down he was super pissed. Thinking about Olivia mistreating his baby sister made him clench his jaws. Come on shell I take you to your new room. He gave her a warm smile. As he headed upstairs Catalina thanked Dr. Pryce while showing him to the door.

"I'll be more than happy to run tests on your mother." Catalina internally cringed as to how he referred Olivia to her.

"That would be good Dr.Pryce."

"When we do find out what's wrong I can give her treatments and eventually a cure."

"Thanks again, Dr. Pryce. Have a good night", she smiled.

"You too Catalina."

"WHERE IS SHE!?" Olivia barged into the building like a mad woman.

"Mrs. Godfrey, please calm down. Let's go somewhere private and talk about your daughter and possibly you."

"What the fuck do you mean by possibly me!?"Someone told Roman Olivia was here. He angrily walked out of his office.

"Who the fuck let her in?! Whoever let her in is a dumbfuck who's going to get fired!" Dr. Pryce sighed as he closed his eyes and placed his index finger and thumb on the bridge of his nose.

"Shall we all go somewhere private so we don't disturb the employees?" Olivia and Roman turned their heads to Dr.Pryce. They both rolled their eyes at him. They headed to Roman's office. Roman and Olivia entered first and Dr.Pryce closed the door behind him. "So Mrs. Godfrey, your daughter is safe in Roman's house", Olivia angrily looked at Roman.

"So you're the fucker that kidnapped my daughter!"

"Mrs. Godfrey please-"

"Look bitch I didn't kidnap her she came to me willingly because you're not fit enough to take care of her anymore!"

"How dare you say such things to me I am perfectly fine to take off my own child!"

"NO, THE FUCK YOU'RE NOT!! YOU FUCKING PSYCHO!! YOU'RE FUCKING SICK IN THE HEAD AND IF I FOUND OUT YOU LAID YOUR FINGER ON SHELLEY I'LL MAKE SURE YOU'LL NEVER WAKE UP AGAIN!!! Everything was silent until Dr.Pryce spoke.

"I wanted to discuss formally about treating you."

"I. Am. Perfectly. Fine." Tears threatened to come out of the woman.

"But you're not and that's ok. I'll make sure to find a cure for you, Mrs. Godfrey."

"This is ridiculous! Upirs don't get sick. I'm going...."

They want to take her away. Kill.

"...Home." Roman spoke once more.

"You are going to get fucking treated or else you will never see her again." His voice was threatening.

Kill.

"Ok." She looked both at her son and the scientist sounding defeated. "Where is Catalina?"

"None of your damn business." He harshly said as he looked at her dead in the eyes, then walked out.