Chapter 24: Hello Brother

Dr. Pryce found out about the legal battle between Roman and Olivia. He prolonged Catalina's stay at the white tower. Catalina was missing her siblings but she tried to understand her situation. Even though she believed she can function just fine in society Dr.Pryce and her mother thought otherwise. While court Roman presented evidence that he was the one who has the rights to the company. A worker from White Tower helped Roman's case by giving him a document of his father's will that Olivia kept from Roman. It was printed in black and white that by the age of 18 Roman was the rightful owner of his late father's company. The judge favored Roman in the case and it was shortly closed. If Olivia could glamour the whole courtroom she would have done it in a heartbeat. She despised that worker for showing Roman the will. After the court dispute, Roman kicked her out of the white tower. Without income, she couldn't afford the mansion so she knew she had to find somewhere else to go. The house was shortly under Roman's name but he didn't want to live in that house it had too many painful memories. He hired construction workers to build him a new home on the outskirts of town. Less than a year had the house ready through bribing. When he moved in he was also planning to take custody of Shelley. During this whole time, Olivia always called Catalina lying to her that she was on multiple business trips.

"Sorry that I can't visit you yet I'm in Paris doing meetings."

"It's fine I understand that it's your job."

"Has Roman or Shelly visited you?"

"No, it's been months and no one came to see me." Olivia pretended to be disappointed.

"I told Roman to visit you and to also bring Shelley. That boy has some nerves."

"Yeah, I don't know what's up with him. He's been distant and cold towards me. He even blocked my number."

"That fool...well darling I'll talk to him tomorrow. It's late here good night Catalina."

"Bye, mother." It was strange that every time Catalina complained about Roman not visiting she always say she'll talk to him but it ends up with excuses like "I forgot" or "he's ignoring me too". Besides, Roman never was distant with either of his siblings he was so protective and caring of them. It wasn't like Roman. She needed to get to the bottom of this. The only obstacle in her way was dr.Pryce. Catalina couldn't ask to leave because he'll simply say she wasn't ready to go out yet. She needed to escape. This building was huge so she needed to memorize her way through the building and that's when she noticed the fire exit map on the wall. Thankfully with technology, she didn't need to remember the map she just needed a photo on her phone and she'll be on her way. She took the photo of the map and saved it in her camera roll. All Catalina needed to do was wait until night came to escape. Roman left work a bit early to pick up Shelley from school. He arrived at the same time the students left the school building.

"Shell!" He waved his hand at his sister. Shelley beamed when she saw her brother. She entered the car still smiling. It was a bit small but she still managed to fit in.

"Nice car", she typed on her phone.

"Thank you, sis." He smiled back.

"I haven't seen you in so long Roman."

"I'm sorry beautiful. I was busy with my new job and building a new home for myself."

"You have a new house? What about the family home?"

"I couldn't live in there anymore...but don't worry I didn't sell it to anyone. When you're 18 it'll be under your name. I haven't touched anything in there, so it'll still look the same when you move back to the house."

"Can I see your new house?"

"Of course." He drove them to a wooden road. It was pretty far from the city.

"Do you live alone?"

"Yes and no." Shelley was a little confused with his response. Roman further explained, "I have a maid and a butler that lives with me but we barely speak to each other. I like doing my own thing while they do their job." When they arrived Shelley was in awe at Roman's new home. It was dark-themed which matched Roman perfectly. "Shell..." she turned back at him, "would you like to live with me?" She was ready to say yes but remembered her mother. No was all she nodded.

"I can't leave mother alone", she typed.

"Your mom is a bad person Shelley. She lied to us kept secrets from us and..." he recalled the time when she made him feel pressured to take someone's else life. "She's just not a good person or a role model." She was silent at first but then typed once more.

"I know mom is not a good mom but I want to give her another chance. So far she's doing good."

"I don't believe that for a sec."

"Just take me back home", Shelley was feeling frustrated at her brother.

"Alright", he sighed. Night came rather quickly. Back at Godfrey's institute, Catalina left the room and snuck to the back exit of the building. After a few minutes, she found her way out. It was quite a distance while walking back to her home. When she finally arrived she had great relief. She couldn't wait to see her family. She knocked at the front door and waited for someone to open the door. No one did. She began to worry. Catalina in the to the back door it was also locked. She peered through the kitchen window. Everything looked the same so why was no one opening the door for her? The curtain from the living room was slightly opened so she peered through the window. Panicked arose within her. Plastic sheets were covering the pieces of furniture.

"No no this can't be", she mumbled to herself. She ran to her friend's small home she knocked on the door no one also answered. Tears were swelling up. Catalina rushed to peer through their window, everything was empty. She sobbed at the fact her family nor friend was home. Only Dr.Pryce knew where her family was. It only took half an hour by running to get back to the White Tower. She knew he practically lived here he had a bedroom on the top floor. She took the elevator and made her way to his room. She opened the door quietly. She startled him by whispering in his ear.

"Where did my family go?" He gasped and shot his eyes open. The man saw Catalina standing right next to him.

"Catalina what are you doing here?!" He whispered shouted.

"I want to know where my family is. I left this place to reunite with them but the house looks abandoned." She admitted.

"You left?!" She simply nodded.

"I'm sorry doctor but it's been so long since I've een them. I felt like a prisoner here. I just need to know where they are."

He sighed, "Alright I'll tell you where Roman lives." He told her the address. "It's on the outskirts of town."

"Can you take me there?"

He sighed once more, "Fine."

"Thank you", she gave him a big hug.

"Alright alright, let's go so I can go back to sleep." He grabbed his car keys and left with his PJs still on. It was silent on the way out to the building and Roman's house. When they arrived she said thank you once more before he replied with you're welcome and drove off. Catalina took a deep breath before knocking on the door. She hoped someone opened the door this time. Roman was in the living room having a glass of whiskey and finishing up his cigarette. He heard a knock on the door. Who could this be, he thought. He placed his cigarette on the ashtray and got up to answer the door. When he saw who it was, his face turned pale. Roman dropped his glass. Tears began to form.

"It can't be. Catalina?"

"Yes, it's me", smiled while tears were also forming. He hugged her to make sure she was real, surely enough she was.

"I thought you were dead." He said still hugging her.

"I thought you knew I was alive."