Chapter 37: Peace Interrupted 

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS DARK AND GORY

Roman, Catalina, and Shelley were playing board games while having a few laughs. It has been so long since the three felt genuine happiness.

"Shelley, would you like more snacks?"

"No, thank you", the young girl grinned, "If I eat any more junk food I think my belly would explode", she giggled. Roman rolled the dice as he took a sip of wine. His piece landed in jail.

"I hate Monopoly."

"You said that with Sorry and Candyland", Catalina grinned.

"Well, now I'm saying it to Monopoly."

"You just suck at board games", Catalina giggled and Shelley joined in as well.

"Oh haha", Roman said sarcastically. Soon after Roman began to laugh with the girls. The doorbell rang. They continued to laugh as Catalina went to the door.

"I'll get it", Catalina subsided her laugh. The door revealed a sick Olivia.

"Mother?" Catalina looked and sounded surprised.

Drain her blood

Kill her

Eat her

Olivia just stared at the young girl. Something felt off with Olivia and Catalina knew it. It wasn't her mother anymore she was someone else.

Kill

Olivia attacked Catalina causing the young Upir to scream. Roman and Shelley quickly turned their heads.

"Catalina!" Roman shouted as he ran to her aid. Roman saw them on the floor. Catalina tried pushing her mom away but she was older therefore a lot stronger than Catalina. It also had to do with the fact that Catlaina have been cutting down on feeding.

"Get the fuck away from her!" Roman yelled at Olivia. Olivia looked up and hissed at him. He shoved her off and pulled his girlfriend up.

"I WANT TO FUCKING RIP YOUR HEADS OFF AND EAT YOUR INSIDES!!" Olivia screamed at the both of them. Shelley felt scared and too nervous to move. Olivia then noticed Shelley sitting on the ground petrified.

"Shelley run upstairs and lock yourself in one of the rooms." That's all she needed to hear to make her move. She quickly got up and ran upstairs to do just that.

"Get back here you fucking bitch!" Olivia tried to go for Shelley but both Catalina and Roman held her back.

"Mother! What is wrong with you?"

"Don't fucking call me your mother! I only stole you for one purpose and it was to breed with my son and give me a powerful grandchild!! If it weren't for me you wouldn't have those thoughts about fucking each other, but you fucking couldn't bring me a powerful grandchild. You're fucking useless! I should've dumped you and let you starve in that dumpster where I threw your parents in!!" Catalina couldn't believe what she was hearing. Tears formed in her eyes.

"What?" Catalina tried to wrap her head around what Olivia had just said. Even Roman was too shocked to speak. This was an opportunity to remove herself from their grip and attack Catalina once more. Meanwhile, Shelley was upstairs hiding in the master bathroom that was in the master bedroom. Both the bedroom and bathroom were locked. She was on the floor with her head on her knees and her hands covering her ears. The poor girl was crying and shaking in fear. She heard screaming and objects being broken.

"I will fucking eat both of you!" Olivia tried to attack Roman next but Catalina tried to hold the woman back. Olivia ran backward with Catalina causing the young girl to hit her head on the wall. The wall cracked and the young Upir was out cold. Now it was up to Roman to end this once and for all. "Oh, Roman my bastard child. J.R. wasn't your real father", she laughed at Roman.