Chapter 36: Breathe In, Breathe Out

"Damn it!" Jace cursed as he scuffed his shoe against the floor kicking at the air.
Alec grabbed Jace by his shoulders. "Jace, it is going to be ok. We'll figure something out."
He hated seeing Jace so upset.
"How Alec, how is it going to be ok? When not even Magnus can break through this protective barrier." Jace responded in a frantic tone.
Alec glanced over at Magnus hoping he would have something different to say.
"He's not wrong Alec. Our Dayanara is quite the diamond in the rough." Magnus continued to push his magick into the barrier to force it open.
"We have three choices: The spell wears off on its own, Dayanara ends it, or she dies and it opens. I would prefer the first two."
SSSSSSSSSSS
As a portal opened up near a grove of trees in Central Park. Dayanara and the snake eyed female Warlock tumbled out of it.
"Your stronger and smarter then I took you for." Snake eyes spat at her.
As she watched her Dayanara realized that she knew her or at least knew of her.
"Sasha Devein, I thought you looked familiar and here you were calling me the pet. I've seen and read your file. You'd get in on any Shadowhunters good graces for the right pay."
Dayanara said back at her.
"What can I say we all can't be like you and Magnus." Sasha shot back.
"Where you really going to give Max Lightwood to Valentine?"Dayanara questioned
"Most likely, so you saved the kid.Then again I always did like to play with my catch first. Sasha confessed.
"What about Magnus were you really going to give Magnus Bane over to Valentine?" Dayanara asked Sasha.
"I had other instructions to deal with Magnus Bane. Guess, I get to deal with you now."
Green magick crackled in the air as she attacked.
"Guess I'll do it to you instead."
Dayanara was getting fed up with Sasha's gloating. She was nothing but a sell out. This game that Sasha was playing with her was getting old.
After firing off her magick back at Sasha, she decided to show her hand by letting Sasha see what she was up against power that was stronger then Magnus Bane.
Focusing to bring forth all of her Magick until it was all around her and shooting up into the sky, taking the form of a massive lion.
The sight of Dayanara's magick streaming out of her like large flames and taking form of a large lion caught Sasha Devein off guard.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
As Jace continued to pace he ran a hand through his hair. He was completely powerless. He couldn't go after Dayanara and the Warlock that had attacked her. He couldn't even go to Clary and Simon's to check on his children. Jace was sure that, that fact alone was getting to Magnus and Alec as well.
Just then the doors to Magnus's apartment splintered inward. Luke Graymark and Simon Lewis came charging through the remains.
Once inside, they both could see that everyone from the party were inside a protective barrier.
Luke stopped in front of Magnus.
"Glad to see you still here Magnus. The word out on the street is that Valentine wants you dead. Those Warlocks he sent here, weren't just here to kidnap Maxwell Lightwood. They were sent to assassinate you." Luke informed them.
Luke and Simon noticed the still unmoving form of one of Valentine's Warlock assassins. Two black panthers lay not far from his broken and bloody body, his chest moving slowly with his breath. Their attention then moved to the two stone statues.
Magnus's voice sounded from behind them.
"As you see I'm still here. My secret bodyguard has done their job." Magnus informed Luke.
Luke look around the room.
"Where's Dayanara?" Luke asked
Simon took notice of something out on Magnus's balcony amongst the broken glass of of his French doors.
"Luke, there's blood out here. From Dayanara and another Warlock. Looks to be from the glass."
Suddenly, a gust of wind blew past him emanating with power. Making him look in the direction the wind came from.
"Hey Luke, I think I found Dayanara."
Luke and the others were already looking in his direction. They had felt the power in the air too. Even from the protective barrier they could see a massive purple lion that was made out of Dayanara's magick.
Hearing everything from Luke and Simon and seeing Dayanara's magick take form of a lion. Made Jace even more anxious so much so he almost jumped when a soft hand touched his shoulder.
It was Maryse Lightwood. "It will all work out you'll see."
Jace shook his head.
"You don't know that. You have no idea what we have all been through. None of us ever said anything because we where afraid that you would tell the Klave." Jace said as he walked away from her.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Sasha smirked as she managed to get behind Dayanara with the help of an illusion, or so she thought. Dayanara turned with purple colored magick flickering in her left hand.
A sharp pain hit Dayanara in the right side below her chest in between her ribs. She looked down to see Sasha's sword there.
"I told you that I would have you take Magnus's place." Sasha said with a smirk.
"Well, if I'm going down I'm taking you with me." Dayanara said in return.
She reached out and grabbed Sasha's right arm with her left hand, casting a spell on her.
Sasha looked down in horror when she realized that her arm was turning into marbled stone.
"Since I turned two of your friends to stone already. I'll use their magic to seal you in marble for eternity with no way for you to be freed. Since you just killed me and all right?" Dayanara explained as looked at Sasha.
"Killed is a strong words. Technically, I've only poisoned you. It will attack your Warlock blood first, your friends still might be able to save you. It just won't be a simple trip to see a Warlock." Sasha confessed in an attempt to barter for her life. Her arm and torso were stone now.
"Thank you for the information, but I don't negotiate with assassins who go after my family." Dayanara offered.
As her spell spread Sasha could no longer speak as she turned to marble stone. At this Dayanara slump to the ground. She didn't know if anyone would find her. The only thing she did know was to hold on.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
"Don't worry Jace we'll go find her." Luke promised.
Everyone froze as the two Warlocks that had been turned to stone crumbled and disappeared in a puff of purple smoke. The two black panthers stood up and started back the way they had come. Once the air had cleared, Luke and Simon disappeared out the door and headed towards Central Park. Once there it didn't take them to long to find where Dayanara and Sasha had, had their stand off.
"Luke do you smell that?" Simon asked his Werewolf friend.
"Yeah, I do it's Dayanara's blood." Luke said in reply.
"There's something off about it though it doesn't smell right." Simon said in return.
Simon stopped at the sight of the statue of the Warlock Sasha Devein.
"Well, if the smell of Dayanara's blood didn't point us in the right direction this would." He said motioning to the statue.
"Dayanara." Luke said as he spotted her body on the ground. A pool of blood was starting to surround her. He took in the sword that was stabbed through the front of her ribs. Going to her, Luke and Simon knelt beside her. Luke reached out to check for a pulse. As his fingers touched her neck Dayanara gasped and her eyes snapped open.
She reached out and grabbed Luke's hand.
"Are Magnus and Max ok? They were the targets, this sword was meant for Magnus. It's laced with a poison that is designed to kill Warlocks. Which means that a Warlock can't heal me or even touch me without being exposed to the poison. You have to remove the sword here. If we wait it could be like having a loaded gun in a crowded room."
Luke nodded as he looked to Simon. "Hold her shoulders, as soon as I remove this sword take Dayanara to get help. Whatever you do don't let Magnus touch her." Luke ordered the young vampire.
"You got it, Luke."Simon answered in return.
"Ok, on the count of three. One, two..." Luke said as he pulled out the sword.
Dayanara did her best to hold back her scream as Luke removed the sword
"Nice, psych out...making me think of three and doing it on two." Dayanara breathed out.
He threw the sword hilt to the ground as the blade started to dissolve.
Removing one of his shirts Luke started to rip it to make a bandage.
"Just hang in there, we're going to get you help. Dayanara, Dayanara!" Luke said to her before calling her name. He then checked her pulse again."
"She's loss consciousness, and her pulse is weakening. I'm going to make some calls and I'll be right behind you." Luke said to Simon.
"Where do I take her if she can't be healed by a Warlock?"Simon asked.
"Take her to Magnus anyway. There are other ways of healing besides using healing magick. We'll all have to chip in and do it they old fashioned way. We just have to make sure Magnus, Catarina, Dot and no other warlock touch or use their magic on her." Luke explained.
"Get going now!" Luke yelled.
Simon took off with Dayanara's limp form in his arms.