Chapter 2: Saving Jace

Dayanara awoke with a start the following morning. It took her a few seconds to get her bearings and remember where she was.

'I'm free, no longer stuck in that house of horror or at least it was for me.'

She had agreed to help out the Lightwoods and Clary out as a thank you for helping her to escape. But what was she going to do now, where was she going to go. Her father Stefan Bavol was dead and mother Alyssa Ravenlight was missing. Dayanara had a sneaky bitter feeling that the Clave had something to do with her disappearance.

Sitting up in her bed she took in the dark purple satin sheets and the sheer canopy that covered her bed. Gold framed paintings hung on the gold and deep purple walls.

She had to admit Magnus had good taste. Before she could take in anymore of the room. Warm sweet and buttery aroma drifted into her room. Her stomach growl in hunger, as someone knocked on her door.

"Knock, knock breakfast time. I wasn't sure what you liked to eat. So I thought pancakes with butter and maple syrup with a side of bacon would be a good start."

'Nara, knock, knock sleepy head breakfast time. Buttery pancakes and syrup with bacon on the side just like you like it.'

"Hey, hey, hey kitten what's with water works?"

Dayanara blinked and then touched one of her cheeks to wipe away the tears she found there.

"Um...oh sorry...I just was remembering the last time my mom made me pancakes. I guess I miss her more then I thought I did."

She then smiled at Magnus. "Any who that smells delicious. I can't wait to dig in."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Dayanara just shook her head and waved her hand at him.

" I'm fine really. It's way in the past."

Magnus frowned at Dayanara but didn't press the matter.

An hour later, Magnus found her staring at herself in the full length mirror.

"What's up kitten?"

"My powers are a little rusty. I'm just worried that Clary and Izzy are asking more from me then I can give them. It's very clear Alec doesn't trust me. So I guess I'm having performance anxiety."

"I woke up this morning and I realized that I have nothing, I own nothing. My world shattered when I was seven and I have nothing of my parents."

"We can work on the strength something tells me you're a quick study. As for your clothes, I can help with that. As well as a place to stay you can stay here till you get on your feet."

"Your boyfriend won't kick me out?"

"Alexander would never do such a thing."

Dayanara turned from the mirror and walked up to Magnus.

"Your friends are on their way. I can feel them, they have a vampire with them."

"That would be Simon he's friends with Clary. It would seem that your not as rusty as you think."

Magnus shivered at her closeness she smelled of cherry blossoms, honey and rain. He swallowed hard and lifted a hand to speak but she cut him off."

"Don't you feel it Magnus, I find myself drawn to you. It's electric. We're meant to be more."

Magnus whirled around and took several quick steps from her.

"No not at all and besides I'm with Alexander now." He lied under he's breath. He did feel some kind of pull but it made no sense.