Chapter 4: Purple Moonlight

"Magnus its been 5 days, have you found anything yet?" Alec questioned his warlock lover.

Magnus was exhausted. He pinched the bridge of his nose a moment before turning to look at Alec.

"Everytime, I get a feel of her magick. Something blocks it." He said in a frustrated tone.

His brown eyes widened suddenly. "I think I've found them."

Just as he was about to reach out and grab them.  This strong silvery energy crackled through the space knocking Magnus across room.

"Magnus!"

Alec rushed to Magnus's side.

"Magnus, are you all right?"

The High Warlock of Brooklyn winced as he tried to sit up. Alec grabbed an arm and helped him sit up.

"Magnus, what just happened?"

The warlock wore a serious expression.

"Who or whatever has them doesn't like outsider magick prying into their dimension. If they don't return them, themselves I don't know what else to do. Normally, I would ask Dot for assistance. But she hasn't been seen since Valentine took her."

Looking into Alec's eyes, Magnus saw turmoil there.

"Let me rest a bit. Then I'll continue my search for them."

Getting to his feet. Magnus swayed a bit, causing Alec to catch him.

"This is my fault I've been pushing you to hard."

"I've been pushing myself Alexander. I had to, I owe her so much." Magnus said with a sigh.

Alec shook his head in confusion.
"I don't understand what are you talking about?"

"I knew her father, Stefan. He had fallen for a mundane, her name was Alyssa. I don't remember her mundane name, only the name she had chosen if she survived, Ravenlight. Stefan disappeared for a few months. Alyssa had come to me for help and I turned her away. I was still consumed by my own pain to care about others."

"When Stefan returned, he came back changed. He tried to reach out to me, help me. Stefan had said he had been experimented on by some kind of higher being. I was still young I had just come into my immortality a few years before and I just laughed at him." Magnus continued.

"How does any of that make you responsible for her now." Alec questioned.

"It was a short time after that, Alyssa became pregnant. Alyssa was  shunned,  but no one thought that the child would be born, alive. But she was that child is Dayanara. I'm a half century older then her.  When things started to go bad she was about eleven or twelve, in mundane years. Stefan had asked me to take her and teach her, to be more to her."

"When word spread that Stefan was dead I searched for her for months. I'd feel her powers coming from the institute. But I had been to afraid for my own life. After awhile, I stopped feeling her. So I stopped looking for her. Oh Alexander, the horrors she must have endured. I know you grew up in the institute, but she was a warlock hybrid child that shouldn't have existed. Yet she did, all the test they must have put her through."

Once he felt like he had his balance once more he let go of Alec.

"Why didn't you tell me all of this before, Magnus." Alec asked in a confused tone.

"I suppose a part of me was hoping it would work itself out. But I saw it on her the morning she left to rescue Jace. At the base of her neck is the same mark her father bore on his fore arm. It looks like the tree of life in the middle, but the other symbols around it, I've never seen in person. Only in one of the tomes I have. I doubt there is any one left on this plane that can read it."