Chapter 8: Confessions

Three Months Later

Dayanara still couldn't believe any of the things that had been transpiring over the last few months. She was pregnant, warlocks were suppose to be sterile. But due to the strange experiments that her father had gone through, he had gotten her mother pregnant.

Magnus had confessed that the beings that had taken them, hadn't meant to take Jace. That meant that the child she was carrying was an accident. Of course it did mean that they had planned on taking someone else.

Dayanara placed a hand to the small baby bump she had growing, she was now around fifteen weeks. Magnus continued to dote over her and the baby she was carrying. The joy in his eyes made her smile. She noticed that Magnus's joy made Alec Lightwood smile as well.

Jace Wayland on the other hand, was still a puzzle. For the first two and a half months, he had stayed away throwing himself into work.

She had taking to drinking virgin drinks with Magnus at times. In the morning instead of coffee she drank a cup of tea or the occasional mug of hot chocolate.

"Knock, knock kitten."

At the sound of Magnus's voice she smiled and turned to greet him. Dayanara didn't get a chance to say anything before Magnus.

"You're starting to show, that's so exciting!" Magnus was almost glowing in his excitement.

Dayanara couldn't help but laugh.

"Yep, you caught me."

"I feel a shopping spree coming on."

At the words shopping spree, Dayanara shied away a bit.

"You really don't have to do that. The maternity clothes you already bought me is fine." Dayanara stated.

"Its no trouble really. I want to do this for you kitten." Magnus stated

"I know it isn't, Magnus it just makes things hard with you doting over me. I've been thinking I've been able to save some money up from the few clients I've gotten. So you know I thought I should get my own apartment once the baby is here." She then continued on.

"Babies are noisy and you have to change diapers and there are a lot of things needed. Besides you and Alec are still kind of new in your relationship. Some more space would be good I'm going to go for a walk, clear my head at little." Dayanara finished as she headed toward the door.

She turned to look at Magnus one more time before walking out.

"Besides, you're a one soul at a time kind of guy and I'm trying really hard to respect that. It's just really hard being here with you all day. You're so sweet and attentive, even Alec and he doesn't seem to like me all that much. It's been three weeks since I've seen Jace. At times I find myself wanting and I can't. So... there I've said it.

Magnus's eyebrows raised his as he started to understand completely.

"Oh I see, yes well not that I've ever been in a situation as that before but I understand now. I will try to keep my distance."

Dayanara just shook her head.

"See, that's just it I don't want you to keep your distance. That is what makes me the problem. I should have known that an abomination like me can never have love, true or of any kind, that makes me the fool." With that said she rushed out the door.

Leaving Magnus calling after her.

"Dayanara, wait!"

              SSSSSSSSSSSSSS