Chapter 9: Fragile Thread

Stepping out of the portal Magnus Bane, lead the way. His friends doing their best to keep up to him. Rounding a corner into an alley, Magnus pulled an orange ball of magick into his hand.

He threw it at one of the vampires. Making them pull away from Dayanara and scream has he started to burn.

After Magnus's spell hit the first turning him to ashes. The four remaining vampires released their prey, teeth bared as they turned to face their attacker.

"The High Warlock of Brooklyn, Magnus Bane." The female vampire hissed under her breath.

"So, happy to see you know who I am. Which makes what you've just done ludicrous."

"You can't do anything to us. It would break the accords." The female vampire said with a smirk.

"Clearly, you don't understand the rules. You've fed on one of my children. This can not go unpunished." Magnus warned the female.

Magnus glanced over at where Dayanara laid.

His cat eyes flashed as he pulled another ball of energy into his hand and threw it at the female vampire.

"Nooooo!" She screamed as her body burned and then turned to ash.

"See, I can do something to you, learn the rules, dear. Whoops, to late for you."

The three remaining vampires backed away from Dayanara as Magnus approached her.

Lifting her unconscious body into his arms. He looked over at his friends.

"You know what needs to be done. It doesn't matter if they surrendered. They took her blood without permission. They can't leave now, if someone comes to look for them then I will deal with it." Magnus's voice was colder then Alec had ever heard it.

With a flick of his hand, Magnus opened a portal back to his apartment, as Alec released an arrow into one of the three remaining vampires.

"Magnus, wait a minute." Alec called after Magnus following him into the portal.

Clary swung her Seraph blade at the neck of one of vampires, while Simon fought with the last one. Once Simon had dispatched his vampire. He and Clary looked around the alley.

"Did they just leave us here, Clary?" Simon questioned.

"Yes Simon, it looks like they left us. I hope Dayanara is going to be ok." Clary answered him.

Grabbing Simon's arm she pulled him forward.

"Come on Simon, let's go."

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Stepping out of the portal and into his apartment, with Dayanara in his arms. Magnus carried her to her room and laid Dayanara down on the bed.

Pulling magick into his hands, he busied himself, healing Dayanara's wounds from the vampires.

"Magnus, we need to talk what was that back there? Alec questioned the high warlock.

"That was me practically failing at keeping one of my own safe. Besides they broke a rule, I was within my rights. Someone took their lives turned them and then just let them go." Magnus stated.

"Are you still going on about not being there for her. She's the one who ran out of your apartment, you didn't push her out the door "

"Dayanara, didn't ask for any of this and yet this is the hand she was dealt."

Alec glanced over at Dayanara. "Is she going to be ok, what about the baby?" He asked Magnus in concern.

Magnus continued to use his magick to heal her wounds.