Chapter 15: Coming to Terms

Everyone waited on bait breath for Dayanara, Magnus and Jace to wake up. Alec was pacing the floor,until Izzy spoke up.

"You're going to put a hole in the floor, you know."

Alec stopped his pacing and looked up at his sister.

"Shut up, okay. I'm not in the mood."

"Hey, I was just trying to lighten the mood ok."

Alec looked from Magnus's sleeping form to the door.

"Any changes from Jace?"

Isobel Lightwood shook her head no. Leaving Magnus's room. He made his way down the hall to Dayanara's room.

Stepping into the bedroom. Alec asked Clary the same thing.

"Any change, Clary?"

"The open wounds are gone, so is all the blood. Other then that there's been no change Alec."

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Dayanara's eyes snapped open and she gasped as she took in a breath. Her eyes darted around as she took in her surrounds.

Magnus and Jace came into her line of sight suddenly.

"Magnus, Jace what's going on? Where are we?" Dayanara asked.

"What's the deal Magnus? I thought you said once she woke up we would too?" Jace then questioned.

"Actually, that's exactly what was suppose to happen." Magnus replied to Jace.

"As for your question Kitten. We're inside your head. When you woke up just now, we all should have returned back to reality. So there has to be something that is still keeping you here."

"I agree with Magnus, and the sooner we figure it out the sooner we all can go home."

Just as Jace said that his image flickered and then he vanished.

"Did you just...?" Magnus waved his hands where Jace had been.

"Jace wanted to go home so I sent him home. I'll send you home too, but I can't. I can't do this I can't be a parent. I don't even have that many memories of my parents. How am I going to do this."

Magnus just smiled at Dayanara at first.

"That's the thing Kitten, you're not alone in this. You have people that care about you, they're your friends and your new family. So whatever happens your not alone in any of this."

"Why do you think we all came here to get you? It's because we care about you." Magnus replied in return.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Alec's eyes then took in her abdomen.

"Dayanara wasn't she 3 or 4 months along? She was just starting to show."

Alec's train of thoughts were interrupted at the sound of Jace's voice.

"That's because something happened to speed up her pregnancy."

Alec turned to look behind him, to see Jace standing there.

"Jace, you're back! Are you ok does that mean Magnus is awake too?" Alec questioned his Parabatai and friend.

Jace just shook his head. "I don't know. What I do know is I was there and now I'm back here. I don't even know if we left at the same time." Jace said to Alec's question.

"The answer you would be looking for would be no. Not that that matters any longer." Came Magnus's reply.

Seeing Magnus standing there in the room with them. Alec took three quick strides to pull him into his embrace. His lips soon connected with Magnus's in a flurry of kisses.

After a few minutes their reunion was interrupted by the sound of Jace clearing his throat.

"Sorry to butt in on your time together. But we have a problem, Dayanara isn't awake yet." Jace added.

"Maybe she's just tired Jace. A lot of things have happened over the last couple of hours." Alec replied to Jace's words.

"No...Magnus said that the only way for us to wake up. Was for Dayanara to wake up first. Unless you were wrong, Magnus." Jace pressed.

"I'm never wrong Jace. Misjudge yes, but never wrong when it comes to magick. Perhaps she just needs a little nudge." Magnus added.

Walking over toward Dayanara Magnus snapped his fingers bringing blue-gold colored magick into his hands. He then waved his hands over Dayanara.

"Her temperature is elevated still but that should help her. All we can do now Jace is wait for her to wake up."

"The last time you said something like that we ended up having to go into her mind." Jace replied coolly.

"Yes, well this time its different." Magnus countered.

"There is one tiny thing I should mention. There is a very large possibility that Dayanara won't remember anything that happen inside her mind. She won't remember the spell her other self casted on her. So when Dayanara sees how far along she is we're going to tell her that she's been unconscious for three months." Magnus finished.

"So we are basically going to lie to her. Jace replied back.

"I prefer to look at it as stretching the truth." Magnus shot back at Jace.

It took longer then Magnus anticipated. Almost fifteen hours later, before Dayanara's eyes started to flutter open.

Moving her eyes to the left and then right Dayanara noticed several people camped out in her room. Jace was asleep in a chair on one side of her bed while Alec was in the other chair. Magnus was reclined on the couch that was in her room.

The tiniest bit of movement and three sets of eyes snapped open, while all three men sat up and moved closer to the bed.

"Do you need anything kitten?" Magnus asked

While Jace questioned, "What's the last thing you remember?"

Alec remained quiet, silently watching.

"Wat...er...please." Was the first thing Dayanara was able to answer.

Magnus appeared with a glass of water.

"Here you go kitten." Magnus greeted softly as he handed the glass to her.

"Thank you, Magnus." Dayanara replied.

"Ok, Dayanara, what's the last thing you remember happening?" Jace questioned a little harsher then he meant.

Dayanara just shook her head at first.

"I remember jumping off the bridge, but I don't remember anything else." She replied in return.

Taking in her appearance. Dayanara counter what she said earlier.

"Something, tells me I should. But I just don't."

Jace just shook his head.

"No, no its ok. You've just been unconscious for awhile. We were starting to worry a little."

Magnus and Alec said their good nights to Dayanara. She stopped Jace before he got to the door.

"So, are we coming to terms, with this. Or is it just me." Dayanara questioned.

"It's a lot for me to wrap my head around." Jace confessed.

"You're telling me." Dayanara shot back.

"I know, this is happening to you too. So the only thing I can come up with is to ask you out on a date or two. That is when you feel up to it." He confessed to her.

A/N: I hope everyone continues to enjoy this. Chapter 16 is titled Sweetest Gift. Hmmm, I wonder how their dates go.
Until next time. Thanks for reading.