Chapter 11: Mind Games

(A/N: Songs I was listening to writing this chapter were Unsteady by X Ambassadors and Dead of Night by Ruelle

Jace sat in a wooden chair across from Dayanara's bed. Clary and Izzy have changed her into some dry clothes. Jace had then laid her back in the bed. Glancing at her chest once more to insure she was still breathing.

He pushed himself out of the chair and made his way out to the living room.

All eyes turned to look at him, when he entered the room.

"She's resting as of now."

Alec spoke first to Jace.

"Jace how were you able to afford a place like this."

"Let's just say I owe someone a lot of favors for awhile." Jace replied

Gazing at his Parabatai first he asked the question that had been nagging him.

"Is some one going to tell me what the hell has been going on? Izzy came and found me out on a mission to tell me that Dayanara had walked out of your apartment Magnus." Jace then continued.

"Then, I find out she's been attacked by vampires. You tell me to get myself together and I do, only to find out she's disappeared. So she can take her life, as well as the life of my kid. I mean what the hell! If I'm missing something then please tell me." Jace asked in a confused tone.

"Well, since everyone's here. I guess now is a good of time as any for a story." Magnus said as he gestured to everyone in the room." Magnus the continued.

"Since Luke and Maia have joined us. Let me make sure we're all on the same page. Several months ago Dayanara and Jace were taken to a different dimension, by a unidentified race of beings. Their intent was to save their world or at least that is what they told. I couldn't understand their language, so they spoke to me telepathically."

"With my magical assistance, we were able to rescue them. Several weeks later, we found out that Dayanara was with child. We are presuming that Jace Wayland is the father."

"In light of current events, it would seem due to the angel blood both parents have the child has an unusual gift. It is such a pure innocent being it has been purifying Dayanara of her warlock powers from the inside out."

"That of course leaves us with this wonderful night." He finished with a flourish of his hands.

"So this magical kid she's carrying could cure us of our curse? As in we would no longer be wolves?" Maia questioned.

"It seems that it may be that way my dear. It's one of the reasons she attempted to take her own life. Dayanara fears the Clave finding out about it and using her child as a weapon." Magnus answered.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The skin on Dayanara's arm pricked and ached as she slept. She tossed and turned in the bed as she was pulled deeper into her nightmare.

"You are an abomination, you should not exist and yet here you are. We will attempt to cleanse you of your father's tainted blood. First a lesson in obedience."

"Momma, Daddy please help me."

She cried out for her parents with the first five lashes of the whip, that cut into her back. She couldn't even defend herself with her magick they had taken that from her.

"No, noooo, no please. I promise not to use magick!"

By the tenth lash she stopped crying out for her parents. Her daddy was dead, she had seen his body. Her mother had been taken away by Shadowhunters.