Chapter Three

"You did what?!"

Robert told Anthony everything that happened and he was flabbergasted. Robert felt culpable about this whole situation. Normally he doesn't care too much about hurting women, it's what he's used to but this time around he felt it. He actually felt the pain Lemy was feeling.

"Call her. Call her right now and apologize!" Anthony threw Robert's phone at him, he felt a certain way about Lemy since he met her. It's like he deep down knew she was the right woman for his friend.

"She's not answering my calls, and I don't even blame her. I betrayed her, I hurt the only person that actually cares about me."

Robert tried calling her again and she still did not answer.

"See?" He left the phone on the table to pour himself some whiskey, he could not stop drinking.

"Maybe I should just go to her place, I should go and see her. I owe her an explanation."

"Do you really like this girl, Robert? Do you really care about her like you claim to?" Anthony was pissed off, he knew that every woman in Robert's life was in it for the money and Lemy was not. She was genuine.

"You think I'll be freaking out like this if it were any other woman?!" He sipped half of the whiskey and threw the glass on the wall as it broke.

"Then fix this!" Anthony was heated up. He knew that his best friend deserved a shot at happiness and he wasn't willing to let him ruin that one chance of finally being happy. He then made his way out of Robert's mansion.

After Anthony left, Robert made a phone call ordering Luxe Séries large flowers for Lemy and a letter apologizing. He would go there by himself but he wasn't ready yet to face her because deep down he was scared and ashamed. He knew he was catching feelings for her and all of this was new to him because he has never felt like that for any other woman.

                                    ###

When the flowers arrived at Lemy's apartment Larry was the first person to open the door.

"Ohhhh flowers, do I have a secret admirer? He jokingly said and him being the nosy person he is, he read the letter that was in there.

"From Mr. Stark? An apology letter? This flowers look expensive as hell" Larry then called Lemy from upstairs. Lemy made her way downstairs and her eyes were heavy with tears.

"Girl, your boss sent you flowers and he's apologizing too. What's going on?"

Lemy then took the flowers away from Larry's hand and threw them in a bin, before she could say anything her phone rang, it was Robert. Lemy looked at the call, declined it and started having a meltdown. She took the letter and shred it into pieces. Larry hugged her while she was crying and asked her what was going on. He had no clue why Lemy was crying so hard. Whatever it was, he knew that it had to be serious. Lemy wiped her tears and told Larry everything. She also opened up about having feelings for her boss.

"And what sucks is that I think I'm falling in love with him. How could he do something like this? I hate him so much. I can't even go to work tomorrow, I don't even want to face him."

"It is okay honey, look I'm really sorry. Why are men like this? He owes you an explanation!" He paused for a minute and said "but you still have to go to work tomorrow, you can't just give up, remember what it took for you to get here besides how are you going to pay rent? Look, Love is painful honey, but you must never ever let it drag you down. I mean look at the bright side, you didn't sleep with him it was just a kiss. But have you tried listening to his side of the story? Maybe that's why he's calling you, and maybe that wasn't even his girlfriend."