Chapter Thirteen

Gwen arrived at the office and made sure that she was seen. She was a woman of taste and you could see it in her clothes, accessories and jewelry. Gwen was wearing an Alexandre Vauthier two piece suit with Viola 110 high heels matching them with a Louis Vuitton bag.

She instantly requested a board meeting to announce that she was an appointed acting CEO. Zoey was there too and was surprised but happy that Robert finally decided to act on an issue of a missing boss. The board meeting was successful and both Gwen and Zoey went to Robert's office, which was now Gwen's after the meeting was over. When they arrived in there Zoey quickly introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Zoey. I'm your new personal assistant and I'm looking forward to working with you." she was so excited to meet her but that excitement did not last long because Gwen gave her a cold shoulder and made sure Zoey was aware of it. She didn't like her because she was friends with Lemy.

"So what's your job here exactly?" Gwen looked down on Zoey and made her feel unappreciated.

"Uhm, I have been running the company not as a CEO of course but I have been making sure that nothing goes wrong but now that you're here my job is to do exactly what you want me to do."

"Good, now can you go and buy me breakfast. I'm starving and make sure that you're back here before eleven thirty, now chop chop I don't have all day."

Zoey was immediately turned off by Gwen's behavior, she didn't understand why she was treating her like an errand girl when she was the only one handling the company for weeks now. But she did do what Gwen asked her to anyway and made sure to be back at a specified.

Later on, Zoey knocked off from work and went straight to the apartment. She found Larry studying in the living room and when he saw her he stopped, he could see that Zoey was not okay.

"Hey babe, how was your day?"

"Horrible! I have a new boss now and she's mean as hell. She treats me like I'm some errand girl, she orders me around to make coffee and buy food for her when she knows exactly what I'm capable of." She went to the refrigerator to get a bottle of alcohol, after the day she had she needed it.

"Wait, did you just say a new boss, since when?"

"Robert appointed this lady called Gwen as an acting CEO and you can tell that she's a woman of class who looks down on people below her, I don't like her at all." Larry quickly hurried to the kitchen as soon as he heard that name.

"Oh no, that woman of class used to be Robert's girlfriend or something like that and she once had a vendetta with Lemy maybe that's why she's treating you like that, because you're friends with Lemy."

"Come on, that's petty! How's that my problem?" Zoey was annoyed, she didn't like it when people mixed business with their personal lives.

"It makes sense now. She and Robert have been spotted together in multiple occasions, wait, does that mean they're together now?"

"I guess so, there's no way he would just appoint her as an acting CEO if nothing was going on between them."

Both of them were astonished by all of this, they never expected Robert to move on so fast. They would have thought that he was using her as a rebound, but to appoint her as a CEO meant that it was more than meets the eyes.

The next day Zoey went to the office but everything was different now, she hated the place and the thought of facing Gwen made her sick but she was not going to let it get to her. One thing about Zoey was that she was a woman who spoke her mind, she never kept shut especially when she was bothered by something. When Gwen arrived she started ordering Zoey around again but she refused and addressed her immediately.

"Okay look, I get that you don't like me because I'm Lemy's friend but can we be a bit professional about it? You can go and cry about it after work I don't care. But I won't be treated like I'm worthless after I carried this company for weeks when you were nowhere to be found. Your issue with Lemy is your own, I don't see where that's my problem, okay boss?" Zoey smiled at her afterwards and went to sit down.

But Gwen stood up and said to her "excuse me, who do you think you are exactly?"

"I'm the woman who made serious deals for this company and the reason why Robert hasn't lost any client even today so put some respect on my name." Gwen was so embarrassed because she knew Zoey wasn't lying, she was indeed the clients favorite so there was no way she could be fired and she knew that too.

Later that evening Gwen arrived at the mansion and was pissed. Robert noticed and spoke to her about it.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I just had to deal with a minor issue at work today"

"What was it?" Robert took her bags for her and placed them on a couch.

"Your personal assistant, she's feisty isn't she? Let's say she kind of stood up to me today, I have to admit I was undermining her.

"Because of Lemy? Come on , you can't take out your personal vendettas on her she didn't do anything to you plus we have to give her credit, she was able to keep that company together even though she's inexperienced in that department, so that's enough to show her worth to the company, look, forget about Lemy. She's gone now and will no longer be a part of our lives, okay?" Robert then kissed her on the forehead and gave her a hug.

Gwen was intimidated by Lemy because she knew that she was Robert's first love and that will always mean something to him but she chose to be in denial. Then they both went upstairs to the bedroom and while Gwen was undressing, Robert said

"Move in with me, I mean you already spend most of your time here so why not? Even if you don't entirely move in but, you know, let's start with your toothbrush." Both of them laughed and Gwen responded.

"Are you sure, am I not going to irritate you by being too much in your space?" She went to Robert and sat on his lap.

"Of course not, who would get bored by such a hot woman? You know I need you." They both kissed and then Gwen agreed to move in with him.

                                    ###

It has been exactly four months since Gwen and Robert have been in a relationship and everything was a fairytale, Robert spoiled her rotten. He knew that Gwen was an expensive woman and he did not mind at all. He was obviously overcompensating and it did cross her mind that all of this was too good to be true, deep down Gwen knew that Robert was doing all of this for her because he was making up for losing Lemy. Everything that he used to do for her, he did it two times better for Gwen. He even bought her a private jet for when she would attend meetings abroad! And Gwen wasn't complaining, she loved the princess treatment.

Meanwhile at Larry's apartment, late at night Zoey received a phone call while she was sleeping and when she answered she heard someone crying but Zoey didn't say anything in return yet. The person kept quiet for a second before they could say anything.

"Zoey? Am I speaking to Zoey?" and before she could respond they hung up the call.

Zoey quickly recognized that voice, it was Lemy!

                                ***