Chapter Eight-Part 3

The next morning when Lemy woke up she heard voices, squabbling but she could hear them from far. She tried opening her eyes but they felt so heavy and she was dizzy too.

"We only have forty eight hours to get out of here, I was able to get some favors from a friend of mine and in two days we'll be out of the country for good." James said as he was holding his phone, tapping it on his other hand.

"Where to?" Ashley asked.

"Beijing, we have to wait for these fake passports and then we're out of here." James replied.

"You think we can keep this up for two more days? I'm sure Robert is already looking for Lemy, or even worse, planning something."

"Don't worry about that one, we can't exactly kill him but soon Lemy will forget about him. I was on the Internet last night and I saw these drugs that causes temporary memory loss, if we can sedate her with them she will forget about that bastard."

"Are you crazy? We can't give her more drugs she's already on one! We are not doing it." Ashley didn't like what James suggested although he asked her to think about it.

Ashley then went to check up on Lemy and she was still on the bed, still struggling to open her eyes, they were rolling as she tried harder. The poor thing was very weak.

###

Back at Robert's mansion he met up with the investigator and he had full information about Zoey.

"This is everything?" Robert asked when he was handed the papers.

"Yes boss, I even found out where she lives and turns out she's not far from here. She's in New York and apparently looking for a job."

"Good, then I'll use that to lure her here. Thank you, Roger, good work." Robert then gave him his money. He paid him half a million for everything he's done and walked him out.

He read everything that was there and afterwards sent Zoey an email, he used his email from work so that it would appear as a Stark Corporations email. Because she was desperate for a job she replied as soon as she received it. Robert then made arrangements that they meet in a restaurant so that it does not sound sketchy. He sent her the location and time. They were going to meet at three thirty the same day.

Robert kept calling Lemy but she did not answer, her parents threw her phone away so that no one disturbs them. They made sure to pack everything so that when they received their passports they don't have to struggle with anything.

It was time for Robert to meet Zoey and he was already there waiting for her. He waited a few minutes before she could show up and in the meantime he ordered himself a bottle of whiskey. When Zoey showed up she was looking around for Robert until she found him and made her way to the table. Zoey was a skinny but petite woman, she had long black hair and her outfit for that day was presentable because she thought she was going for an interview. When she got to Robert they shook hands and sat down, he did not waste any time trying to make conversation. He pulled out a picture of Ashley and James and as soon as Zoey saw it, she froze, her heartbeat increased and she sat there for a minute before she could say anything.

"What do you want?" She asked while she was glancing at the picture.

"Look, I'm not the enemy here. These people are dangerous and I want to know everything about them. I'm Robert Stark, I'm sorry for tricking you to come here but I just need someone to tell me something, do you know them?"

"I have to go." She took her bag and stood up and before she could leave Robert said

"Lemy Cumberbatch, Do you know her?"