Chapter Twenty Three

In the early morning Robert was woken up by a call from Dr. Chapel. He swiftly answered it.

"Mr. Stark, it is Dr. Chapel. I just called to let you know that I'm an hour away to Malibu. I will make a call when I land."

Robert then quickly turned to Lemy to try to wake her up. "Babe, it's time to prepare, the doctor is almost here" but he did not get any respond, "Lemy, come on wake up."

Robert then noticed that she wasn't moving so he began shaking her uncontrollably and her eyes were still closed with her showing no movement.

Robert then started screaming her name, "Lemy, Lemy! Wake up!" and that's when it hit him that Lemy wasn't breathing. He quickly ran to the hallway in panic and called for Zoey and Larry. They both came running to the bedroom as soon as they heard Robert's loud voice.

They saw Robert terrified as he stood by the door.

"Robert, what's going on?" asked Zoey as he witnessed him freezing on the doorstep with nothing to say. "Where's Lemy? Let me through." she then pushed Robert away from the doorstep and hurried to Lemy's body, "Lemy wake up, Lemy come on wake up." she then checked her pulse and slowly looked back at Robert with tears in her eyes.

"She's just sleeping right or did she faint again? Wake her up Zoey." said Robert.

Zoey slowly shed tears as she ogled at both Robert and Larry, "she's gone."

"No she's not, don't tell me that. Wake her up now!" Robert went to her body and screamed so loud you could hear the pain in his voice, "NO! Lemy please, don't leave me!"

Zoey also began crying uncontrollably as she turned to Larry, who was also crying. Anthony walked in the house and immediately heard cries upstairs and quickly made his way there.

"What the hell is going on in here?" he observed everyone's sad faces as they were all crying. "Oh no." he whispered to himself as he made his way to Robert who was clinging on to Lemy's body.

"No please don't do this. Please don't."

Anthony checked Lemy's pulse in misbelieve and she was indeed dead, "Robert I'm afraid she has passed away. I'm so sorry buddy." said Anthony as he pulled him from Lemy. "Come on Robert, we need to call the mortuary. Look at me, she's gone."

Robert was in denial, he refused to believe what he was being told, and Anthony pulled him away from the bedroom to the study area as they called the mortuary. Both Zoey and Anthony were trying to calm Robert down as he cried so loud and fighting to be let go. Zoey was also in pain, she has just lost her best friend but knew she had to be strong for Robert. Larry then left Lemy's room and went to check up on the baby.

The undertakers finally arrived and removed Lemy's body from the bed and before they could leave, Robert saw them leaving the bedroom as Anthony was trying to distract him. When they were finally in the kitchen Robert grabbed his gun and ran down the stairs to stop them, with Zoey and Anthony following him trying to stop this madness.

"Stop right now! Where are you taking my wife?"

"Sir, we're just taking the body to the mortuary."

"She's not a body, she's a person. That's my wife and she's going nowhere!" he ran to Lemy's body protecting it and pointing the gun to everyone else, "I will shoot you, and get away from her!"

"Robert listen to me! Let go of the gun" screamed Anthony, "Zoey call the bodyguards, now." She then ran outside and called for them and encountered Dr. Chapel.

"Who are you?" asked Zoey

"Ma'am I'm Dr. Chapel. I'm here for Mrs. Stark's chemotherapy."

"Well you're a little late. She's dead." Dr. Chapel was shocked at the news, he ran to the house while Zoey called for backup. He walked in on Robert holding a gun and everyone inside panicking.