Chapter Twenty-Part 2

Robert, Zoey and Larry spent the night at the hospital hoping for Lemy to wake up but she didn't until morning. Robert slept holding her hand and in the morning felt it move, it was Lemy finally waking up. The first thing she noticed was Robert next to her and quickly mumbled his name. When he finally woke up he was so relieved to see her.

"Lemy, you finally woke up. Thank God!" Zoey and Larry both followed and they were relieved too. "Babe we were so worried about you, how are you feeling?" asked Larry. Lemy tried sitting and her whole body was so numb, "What happened, how long have I been here?"

"You've been here for a week, you were in the ICU. Do you remember what happened before you got here?" asked Robert.

"A week? Last time I remember I was at a party, my birthday party. Wait, my baby, is she okay?"

"Yes, she is but you almost lost your life" said Zoey. Lemy didn't remember anything so she had no idea what Zoey was talking about and before she could tell Lemy, Robert quickly stopped her. Zoey was a bit mad at him because she saw that he was hiding something, her gut was telling her that Gwen had something to do with Lemy being poisoned and Robert knew but was protecting her.

"Lemy the reason why you landed in the ICU is because you were poisoned. Someone planted a poison in your drink and whoever that was wanted to kill you and your baby or maybe just the baby." said Zoey as Robert gave her an ugly look, "What Robert, you were planning not to tell her?"

"Wait what do you mean someone wanted to kill me, who did that?", the doctor got in and told them that Lemy was getting discharged and Robert immediately took her home, together with Zoey and Larry and when they arrived Lemy immediately went to sleep and before her friends could leave, Robert pulled Zoey to the side.

"What exactly is it that you're trying to do?"

"Where's Gwen Robert, she's the one who did this to Lemy right?" Zoey could see the truth right through him and he was panicking because he didn't want Lemy to know at first. "I don't know if you made her disappear in order to protect her but the truth needs to come out, you don't even have to tell me but Lemy deserves the truth. She has been lied way too much in her life, don't become one of those people." Zoey then left Robert there and that was a hard pill to swallow. He knew that she was not lying and had a point.

As soon as Lemy woke up she went to look for Robert and found him outside by the pool. She called him and they went inside.

"Where's Gwen?" he then decided to tell her the truth.

"Lemy, please sit down. Look, what I'm about to tell you is going to shock you and I just want you to know that I'm sorry but Gwen is the one who poisoned you."

"What do you mean, how could she have done that if she wasn't even there?"

"She was working with someone from the inside, she hired them to do her dirty work." Lemy was so devastated after hearing this. She was not surprised but didn't expect her to stoop this low.

"Where is she now?" Robert said nothing in return and faced down instead, "Robert I'm talking to you! Where is she?"

"I told her to leave the country for good in exchange for her company and all of her money. I don't know where she decided to go."

"You did what, so you're protecting her after what she's done?!" Lemy was furious at Robert.

"I'm protecting you.", "No you're not. You're protecting her, she tried to kill me do you understand that. I almost died because of her and all you had to do was send her away?!"

"I took all her money and her company belongs to me now." Lemy stood up and was heating up.

"You think I care about that? Sounds like you did this for yourself Robert, I don't see where I fit in."

"No I did this for you, I did this for us. You think if she went to prison she wouldn't have tried paying her way out and before you even know it she would be a free woman after serving very little time there. With her not being here, it gives us a chance to be a family, a proper one at that." He held Lemy's arms and she pushed him away, "don't touch me, now that she's not here you finally want me. Go to hell Robert in fact you know what, I wish I didn't make it so that you guys could be the proper family you're talking about since you're protecting her so much."

"No you don't mean that. This isn't you Lemy.", but she was so enraged and that caused her to be violent. Lemy went to the kitchen and threw a tantrum. She threw his plates and glasses on the floor and they shuttered into pieces, "why does everyone in my life want to control me!" Lemy was shouting and breaking everything, Robert tried to stop her but she did not want to, instead she just caused a scene and was making a lot of noise.

"I killed someone!" Robert screamed and that's when Lemy stopped.

"What?"

"Lemy that man who poured poisoned in your drink was killed by me and I had Tom burn his body. I also held Gwen hostage and wanted to kill her too but the minute the doctor called me about you making it out of the ICU, I immediately thought of you and felt at peace but knew I couldn't just let her go so that's why I took everything she owned, I hit her where it hurts most like she did to me." He sat on the stairs and faced down, "I'm sorry if you thought I was protecting her but I only did this for you because I never had anyone who loved me like you and the thought of losing that drove me crazy but I don't regret what I did. I don't regret killing that man and punishing Gwen. I only did it because I love you." Lemy then went to sit next to him.

"I'm beyond repair Lemy and I've been trying to hide this person for years but I'm a murderer and I thought that your love will be the only thing that'll fix me but I messed up real bad. I brought Gwen into our lives and you almost died because of her, because of me."

"I can't fix you Robert." he glanced at her and she continued "only because you're not broken, you never was."

He was so glad to hear those words, they melted his heart, and he held her hands and kissed them, "marry me Lemy."

"I'm not someone to be loved Robert, let alone become someone's wife."

"Neither am I but we can make it work. I love you Lemy and I want us to be a family, I've lost you once and I can't risk it again. You and I are destined to be together, we're soul mates."

"Yes, yes I'll marry you Robert." she giggled while kissing him. "I love you too and I really want us to make this work."

Lemy then agreed to marry Robert. Both of them knew that they were not perfect but they were for each other and they were willing to start over and make everything right.

***