Chapter Eighteen-Part 1

"Hey, can we talk?"

Lemy found Robert in the game room and wanted to clear a few things out.

"Well you're already here, might as well." said Robert then Lemy sat down next to him "I'm sorry, I know I have been a jerk to you and I'm truly sorry. I'm sorry for not telling you about your child and leaving you when you needed me most. I don't enjoy pushing people away, I do it because I have to, because I'm scared of trusting someone with my life only for them to use me like a doll and put me back on the shelf when they're done." Lemy looked at Robert and he did not say anything back. "I didn't mean it, I did not mean it when I said that I didn't love you."

Robert started paying attention when she said that and stared at her. "I only said it because I knew that it would make you back off. Ever since I left I couldn't stop thinking about you every day and your love for me kept me alive and strong but I was too angry, angry at those monsters for taking my parents and my life away from me and angry at the world too and that caused me to push you and everyone else away but I was wrong, I'm sorry Robert. I just want you to know that I love you, always have and always will and I know you're with Gwen now and it's okay. I'm just happy that you will be in this baby's life, that's all I need. For the baby to have both her parents present in her life."

And that's all Robert needed to hear, this was indeed the woman he truly fell in love with. He stared at her as she walked out of the game room.

Later that evening, Robert woke up, left Gwen in bed and went to Lemy's room. He was shirtless and only had pajama pants on. He slowly walked towards Lemy's bed and she was sleeping. He glanced at her and smirked because she slept like a baby and always have. It was one of the cutest things he admired about her. He stood next to her and slowly moved his fingers on her forehead and gently kissed it and that woke Lemy up. She immediately saw Robert when she opened her eyes.

"I'm sorry if I scared you, I just wanted to see you and I found you sleeping so I just. I was just leaving." But before he could leave Lemy held his wrist and his body got goosebumps, he indeed missed that touch.

"No, please stay." She slowly moved her fingers on his sexy abs and Robert did not waste time getting in bed with her. They both cuddled and after such a long time their bodies synchronized and before they knew it they were sleeping.

In the morning when Gwen woke up she didn't find Robert next to her and normally she's the one that wakes up first and immediately gives him a morning kiss. It was weird that he wasn't next to her so Gwen got out of bed to prepare for work and when she was on her way to take a shower she saw Robert getting out of Lemy's room and what made it worse was him sneaking out and looking around as if someone was guarding him. When Gwen saw him she was furious, she passed him at Lemy's door to the shower and Robert followed her.

"Why were you in her room?"

"I promise you it's not what it looks like."

"Really, because you're shirtless Robert!"

"She's the mother of my child Gwen, you can't expect me to ignore her whole existence."

"Oh really, funny cause that's what you were doing days ago and now you care about her existence. What's going on Robert?" Gwen's mind was all over the place and her insecurities about Lemy began again.

"Look, Lemy and I talked it out. Well actually she's the one who came to me and apologized for everything. We're okay now and she said she's fine with me choosing you and all she cares about is me being a present father in the baby's life."

"But are you okay with that?" When Gwen asked Robert he paused for a bit and before he could say anything Gwen stopped him "you know what, don't answer that. It is clear now." And it was indeed clear that both Robert and Lemy were still in love with each other.

Gwen chased Robert out of the bathroom, she was angry at him and as soon as she finished taking a shower she went to prepare for work.

Gwen was so distracted at work while a board meeting was ongoing and as soon as Zoey noticed she stepped over and covered for her and when the meeting was over they both went back to Gwen's office.

"Okay I don't care but what's going on with you, are you okay?" Gwen didn't respond and Zoey said her name out loud.

"What, why are you shouting?" said Gwen as she was massaging her forehead with her fingers.

"Because you almost screwed a very important meeting, you completely zoned out and..." but Gwen interrupted Zoey as she reached for her phone to text someone. "Look, thank you for saving the meeting but I have to go. I'll be back in like an hour or so."

Gwen took her bag and rushed out of the office to meet up with someone. When she arrived at the bar she already found that person there.

"Okay, you don't usually call me unless we have to hook up with Robert or is it one of those days?"

"What, no." Gwen quickly sat down and took a deep breath. The person she met up with was one of the woman who used to be Robert's mistress and the one who Gwen was closest to. She was the one who was almost as good as Gwen when they hooked up with Robert so along the way they formed a friendship but did not talk frequently.

"Are you okay, you look so out of place and for someone like you it is weird." said the woman.

"Do you know who Lemy Cumberbatch is?"

"Yeah, she's Robert's ex-girlfriend. Well the first girlfriend he ever had."

"Well that first girlfriend he's ever had is pregnant and she says it's his baby and he also believes that. I hate to admit it but I'm beginning to believe it too, I mean she has always been so decent and lost her virginity to him so now she's back and pregnant and to be honest I'm scared, I just think I'm going to lose Robert to her and forever this time."

"Aren't you and Robert dating?" the woman was confused as to why Gwen was so intimidated by Lemy.

"Yes we are and he did say that he loves me but days after that he went to spend the night in her room and I think he still loves her."

"But Gwen I don't get how you're so worried, I mean you are the one that's officially with him. I didn't even know that Lemy or whoever she is was pregnant, I didn't see it on social media." 

"Yeah because none of them want anyone to know. It's too complicated." Gwen drank her whiskey in an instant after the waiter had brought it and the woman just stared at her and was amused "wow you're really stressed, look maybe you're just too insecure about Lemy and Robert only to find out that there is nothing too much into it. Maybe the reason why they are close is because of the baby she's carrying. Babies tend to do that to people but listen, if there's no baby then there's no connection."

Gwen glanced at the woman with shock. "Are you saying what I think you are?" The woman leaned towards the table and whispered "accidents happen and just a piece of poison could get rid of your problems."

"What?! No I'm not going to do that, are you crazy!" Gwen was shook by all of this, she couldn't even begin to believe that the woman just said that. The thought of killing a child sounded wrong to her. "I can't do that Robert will hate me so much."

"He doesn't have to find out, she loses the baby and before you know it they'll no longer be close like before. Sometimes you just have to do something bad to get what you want. Look I can get the poison for you just say the word."

Gwen just sat there contemplating whether it was the right decision or not. She knew she wasn't a murderer but she wasn't ready to lose Robert to Lemy.

                                    ***