4 || Juda

Every birthday since Juda's little sisters were born went the same

Every birthday since Juda's little sisters were born went the same. Starting at three years old, his mom and dad would each carry one of his twin sisters into his room and carefully set them on his sleeping body, and with enough pats and blanket pulling, they would rouse him from his sleep.

Happy birthday, his parents would cheer and clap, and the eight month old babies would copy them, blabbering and clapping because Mommy and Daddy were. It always brought a grin to his face, so wide that it hurt his cheeks.

And every year after, they continued to wake him up the same way. Eventually, Mom and Dad didn't need to carry them anymore. They walked all on their own, clapped because they knew why, and grew old enough to buy their older brother a present with their own money.

Some years he woke up before them, but he always still pretended for their sake. And that was probably his biggest shock moving towns and settling into college - his birthdays were no longer spent with his family. No more pretending to be surprised by the matching weights on top of him- only his alarm blaring at five am greeted him to the new morning.

His first year away from home was probably the hardest. He loved baseball more than anything, but his family always came first to him. They sacrificed a lot for him to play baseball, and he never forgets it. He can't repay the time he took from his parents and little sisters, but he thinks about all the money his parents spent on him, and it drives him every day to work harder and make it to the Majors.

And then, he's going to pay back every penny ten fold.

He used to apologize a lot back in high school when he fully grasped how much money his passion costed his parents. And every time he did, his mom would roll her eyes and assure him, I'm your mom, it's my job to stress over money, not yours. You go be a kid while you can and enjoy it.

He misses his family a lot. Can hardly ever make the seven hour trip home to see them besides Christmas break and the summer, and even then, it's cut short due to their training camps.

Juda's turning 21 today, a significant milestone in everyone's life, but there's not two little brats jumping on him to wake him up.

"Juda-!" His eyes fly open, immediately grunting from the heavy weight that jumped into his chest and knocked his breath away. "Happy birthday you bastard!"

Breathing properly know, Juda blearily blinks at Carmen and Nico who quite literally propelled themselves on top of him. "-What the fuck?" he mumbles incoherently. He looks around the room, trying to figure out what's going on, almost thinking he's still dreaming.

He's not dreaming, if the knee pressing into his dick is anything to go by. "Tell the fans," Nico holds out his fist, "How's it feel being able to buy alcohol all on your own?"