18 || Juda

It takes Juda another day to finally figure out what he wants to do

It takes Juda another day to finally figure out what he wants to do. He wants to do a lot of things - stay with them, further his career, strength his relationship, finish college, play in the Majors, graduate together, play professionally.

He rearranges these things in his head multiple times, putting the most important at the top. But every outcome is the same. His career vs Nico and Carmen always sit on the same pedestal, but he eventually needs to make a decision. For their sake and his.

Stepping out of Coach's office, Juda knows he doesn't have much time. Walking across campus, he jogs up their universities stairs, skipping steps before he's finally at the top. There's an indescribable feeling in his chest, one so sweet and childlike. It's weird, but not unwelcome.

He waits outside the closed classroom door, mindlessly scrolling through his phone. He's unfocused on the Instagram pictures he scrolls past, but he still likes each one. A smile curls at his lips when he sees his sisters' shared instagram account. He comments that they look stupid posed like that, like any older brother would, and continues scrolling.

Eventually the classroom door opens, and students slowly trickle out.

Carmen's one of the last ones to gather his things and leave. He immediately pauses when he catches sight of Juda, pausing in the doorway. He only walks forward when someone tries to get around him, Carmen mumbling a quiet apology. "What're you doing here?"

"I was free." Juda shrugs, stepping forward to throw his arm around Carmen's shoulder. He ignores how Carmen stiffens and starts guiding them down the hall. "And wanted to see you. Is that cool?"

Carmen's forced shrug is awkward. "It's cool."

They haven't talked much. They're talkative enough on the field, but it's only so easy to pretend everything is fine when they're back in the privacy of their room. Juda doesn't think it's the contract situation making Carmen so awkward, though.

Juda's quickly noticed since they officially got together that Carmen hasn't adapted as well as Nico and himself. Sure, they kiss, hold hands, embrace each other now and then, but Carmen's usually never the one to initiate it.

Instead of feeling discouraged by Carmen's awkwardness, Juda thinks it's cute. He knows with time Carmen will relax more, but for now, Juda savors the shy, stolen glances Carmen gives him. "I thought we could pick up some things at the connivence store for tonight. Nico wanted to watch some asian movie, what was the name?"

"Parasite," Carmen answers.

"That's the one~" Juda pushes the door open and rolls his eyes when Carmen steps away, looking unsure if he should wait for Juda to grab him again or walk on his own. "Give me your hand and stop being so fucking weird."