Epilogue

4 years later

Nico laughs down at his phone, scrolling over the article. Spinning in his kitchen stool, he motions for Carmen to come over. "Babe, come here for a sec."

Carmen finishes tying his shoes and walks over. He presses a kiss to the side of Nico's head, then glances at the outstretched phone. His eye crease, reading, before they're creasing with laughter. "Seriously? Again?"

Nico nods, still laughing, "Coach is gonna kill us."

Breaking: Los Angeles Angels Player Nico Bosmey Caught Fooling Around

There's a thread of pictures that follow, right under  the lengthy paragraph where they refer to Nico as the skilled, yet ditsy pitcher. They're photos of Nico smiling, grinning from ear to ear as he leans forward to kiss Carmen. Sure, his hand was cupping Carmen's inner thigh, but that's it.

"They got one thing right." Carmen nods, still reading. "My good side."

Nico pockets his phone and complains with a heavy sigh, "They always target me~ You kissed me too, y'know?" Nico doesn't see anything wrong with kissing his husband in public, even if it was at a charity event.

"Poor thing," Carmen coos, inching Nico's stool closer. "Always getting picked out by the big, bad reporters."

"Yeah," Nico's lips purse for a kiss. "Fuck them and their exaggerations." Nico knows when he shouldn't be shoving his hand down his husbands pants. A charity event is at the top of that list. He waited until they got home to do that.

Carmen entertains his dramatic sulking and gives him a kiss. It's slow and soft, almost something deep, but they've got plans today. So, they regrettably pull apart, Nico sighing softly.

"C'mon, Juda," Carmen calls. "We have to go early so Coach can yell at us again."

Juda keeps feeding their fishes. "What did we do now?"

"Nico tried giving me a hand job at a charity event."

Juda smirks and mumbles a quiet nice, while Nico scowls and kicks Carmen in the ankle.

"Alright, let's go." Juda sets the fish food aside and kneels down to coo at their cats. Two of them. "Bye pretty girls~ Be good while we're gone." He kisses them both on the head, giving obnoxious coos while they meow.

After grabbing his bag, Nico strolls over to their big screen and reaches for the remote. It's on the sports channel, and Nico takes a moment to pause, reading over the banner at the moment. "They said fans are anticipating our loss!" Nico calls to their front door. "You think it has to do with the hand job?"

"Oh definitely," Juda nods, slipping his shoes on. "They hate us."

Nico snorts and clicks the tv off, watching the image of him blown up on the screen disappear, leaving behind only a black rectangle.

It's never felt so good being hated, Nico thinks. Carmen slaps his ass on the way out the front door, telling him to hurry up. Nico knows he just wanted a quick grope.

They trickle toward the elevator of their condo, not worried about the time. When Nico glances over his shoulder, he's grinning, "Wanna go out for drinks after we win?"

______

after almost two months of writing, can confidently say i will be going back to just fluff and smut 😝 drama and plot isn't for me, and i honestly didn't like writing most of the ending of this story

bringing back doms and cute subs instead <3

i'm never going to write an entire story and publish it all at once again, but it was such a good thing to do. i rewrote the first and second chapter of this story four separate times, way after most of the story was already completed. and i loved the outcome so much more.

i could edit/change things whenever i wanted since i hadn't published it yet. so i think what i'll do now is publish a few chapters at a time, instead of chapter by chapter.

it's not the best work i've done, and it's certainly not my favorite, but i hope you liked what you read <3 thank you sm for the reads and comments, ilysm~

maddie <3