6 || Carmen

Carmen's an attention seeker

Carmen's an attention seeker. He has been since he was a kid. There's no particular reason, sometimes he's just craving a reaction from someone. If he's feeling especially needy, he'll act out more than he should, cross lines that shouldn't be crossed. His baseball manger back in high school was his first time getting in trouble from his acts of attention.

It's easy, he found out at only 17 years old. Coaxing older men to buy him things if he shows a little skin.

Carmen had more money than he knew what to do with, but the thrill of it got to him, made him want to see how far he could go before he was properly punished.

He's mellowed out a lot more in college, the urges coming far and few between, but if he's feeling especially needy, he seeks out Nico and Juda. Even if he doesn't know it himself, he prefers their attention over anyone else's.

Carmen's knee dips into Juda's bed as he pulls out the catchers earbud. "What're you doing?"

Juda's head tilts towards him, eyebrow raising. His heavy stare asks if Carmen's serious, before he's nodding his chin towards his laptop. His movie is paused, barely halfway through. "What does it look like, Car?"

Carmen doesn't even glance at the screen. "Can I watch too?" Juda scoots over and it's the only invitation Carmen needs to slip in bed beside him. They lay over the covers, the weather too hot to cover up. "What movie is it?"

"Some romance drama. Nico told me to watch it."

Unsurprisingly, Carmen grows bored within minutes. The movie isn't all that interesting. He's able to piece together everything that already happened from the five minutes he forces himself to pay attention to. The ending is clear too.

He doesn't get the appeal to this genre, or at least doesn't understand why Nico's so obsessed with it. It's sappy in the worst ways, making him want to cringe at every other word. The acting is good, but romance has never really been his thing. He prefers comedies and actions. Bonus if it has both.

A breathy moan gains his attention, eyes filtering back towards the screen. His interest peaks when the lead actress is slowly undressed by the male's hands, seemingly large on the small of her waist. He takes his time, mumbling sweet nothings into her neck as he nudges a leg between her thighs. Her head tips against the wall, another breathy moan falling from her lips at the smallest touch.

It's all sickeningly sweet.

Carmen's interest is quickly lost.

His gaze subtly trails to Juda. He looks exactly the same since he shared his other earbud with Carmen and pressed play. Neither interested nor uninterested, he seems to be watching just to pass the time. The sudden sex scene doesn't seem to make him any more interested than the rest of the movie.