Chapter 11: Decisions, Decisions...

I wasn't surprised by Florence's aversion

Honestly, I would've been surprised if she'd acted any differently than before. I had a feeling she wouldn't allow anyone to tell her how to feel, not even herself. But now that she was sitting right next to me, eyes closed and a quiet yawn leaving her lips, it was damn hard not to keep looking at her.

There was no use denying she was stunning, even in her sleep. And even with her whole attitude. Maybe because of it, too.

Either way, I was moving in dangerous, hot territory, but life seemed to enjoy seeing me burn. Because no matter where I went, she was just there — either in my thoughts, or right in front of me.

"You're a creep." She tentatively opened one eye, glancing over at me.

"And you snore."

"I didn't!" Her eyes flew open instantly. I almost laughed at how hurriedly she sat up straight and turned around to face me. "I did not."

I couldn't help but grin, satisfied by how rattled she seemed. "I'm afraid you did." She did — and it was cute as hell. No need to disclose that information, though.

"Why is it that every time you're around I do something stupid?" she grumbled, the statement making me turn in my seat as well. We were both facing each other now, fully awake and ready to fight.

"I'm sorry, but was it me who made you drink that much last night?"

"No one made me drink that much."

"No one told you about what exactly you were drinking, either." I still wasn't convinced Viola didn't know more than she let on. She knew how these parties went, even though she was fairly new to the business. Lucien told me the odd story about her performance before they joined Formula 1, and I had a feeling she could've helped Florence out instead of juicing her up.

I might've not been able to get close to Florence, but I didn't want her to get intoxicated unwillingly, either. Especially not when someone was there to let her know better.

"Don't worry, that won't happen again." She rolled her eyes, though I didn't miss the faint hint of a blush on her cheeks. I knew she was still staring at me to prove a point, to show off her strength and confidence, but I also knew there was something else beneath all of that.

I wondered what it was.

"That's not what I'm worried about." I held her gaze, somehow challenging not just her but also myself. This was such a bad idea...

"Then what are you—"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we've just been cleared to land at Bologna Airport. Please make sure your seatbelts are fastened for takedown."

Thank god.

Who knew the pilot would be the one to save me from myself?

For once, luck seemed to be on my side. Because soon the flight attendants started collecting cups and glasses, cleaning up the plane and creating a busy environment that let me hide from Florence's curiosity.