Chapter 27: One Rule

"So, I got good news and bad news

"So, I got good news and bad news." Jin glanced over at me as we jogged to the office. The wet hair on my head made me shiver, even though my insides were still on fire from Phoenix's visit.

We really needed to talk this all out.

"Can we talk about them after the meeting?" I huffed when we rounded the corner into the paddock. We had five minutes until the meeting started, and the last thing I wanted was to be late after the trouble I caused over the last race.

The lack of comments from the team, or even Michael, surprised me, though some part of me knew that being who I was meant people wouldn't dare crossing my paths. I still had yet to decide if I liked that or not.

Jin caught up with me as we passed the security check, waving our cards over the reader as he said, "Well, not the bad news because..."

"Oh, look who's late." The voice came from my left, and I whipped my head around instantly, already sensing the cheap gel in his hair.

"Drexler," I muttered, glancing over at Jin to confirm my suspicions. This was the bad news he was talking about.

"Princess Nyx." He grinned and took a sip of his e-cigarette, puffing out a cloud of smoke that smelled disgustingly sweet.

Was this... apple? Appletini?

"How's the outcast?" His question let me regain my focus, and before I even knew what I was doing, I was right in front of him. Neither Jin nor Liam expected that move, since the blonde in front of me basically stumbled backward and into the wall.

I wasn't a fan of dick-measuring contests, but since I didn't have a dick, I didn't mind showing this idiot not to mess with me. If it weren't for my knowledge about Salim and Phoenix's manager somehow causing this mess, I would've suspected Liam of being the asshole who did it.

Well, he still could've been. Nothing had been proven yet, even though Dad has been very intent on finding out what exactly happened. He didn't think I'd notice, but even a man with an influence of his magnitude couldn't hide things from me.

"Where are your tactical glasses, Liam? Left them at the ball pit?" I nodded to the kids' area to our right, where about a dozen children fought their hearts out with colorful plastic balls.

Liam's brows furrowed as I towered over him, certainly enjoying the height difference between us. I'd been bullied for being tall when I was younger, but now I just bathed in the fact that I could make this idiot feel as insignificant as he was.

"No, I uh..." Glancing around the area, he was clearly looking for someone to help him out. His gaze landed on Jin, who now tugged at my elbow, but didn't verbally tell me to hurry. "I must've forgotten them in my car, we hotboxed the—"

"You know what? Changed my mind. I don't want to know." I shrugged, leaning back. The fact that he visibly relaxed made me smug as hell, and I caught myself grinning from ear to ear while stepping to the side. "Look for the grownups if you need help to find them. I'll go to my meeting, as adults do."