Chapter 24: The Princess and The Outcast

"I need to go," I muttered, trying to catch my breath

Phoenix grabbed my wrists and held them over my head, pinning me against the wall. "I don't want you to." His lips brushed over my neck, and I gasped when he gently grazed his teeth over my skin, sending a whole wave of shivers down my spine.

The roaring engines and whirring wheel guns around us reminded me of the fact that we were hiding behind the most secluded trailer at the paddock, when really we agreed to be careful.

This wasn't careful. Not at all.

But damn, he felt so good...

We barely saw each other yesterday, with Salim banging on Phoenix's door at six in the morning. He never told me what that was about, mostly because we didn't have the time to speak for more than a minute since then.

Only when I'd been walking down the paddock early this morning, taking in the atmosphere on my own, did I realize I already missed him. It'd also been right then and there that a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me into this corner, where I was now pressed against the hard metal of the Azure Racing container behind me.

I wrapped my fingers around his own, squeezing them hard before I pushed against them and swirled our arms which I then pushed against his back. A grin curled on his lips as our bodies collided with a quiet thud, but he quickly removed one hand to push himself off the wall next to my head.

My hands gripped into the back of his shirt as I glanced up at him, biting my lip to suppress my arousal. "Jin is probably waiting for me, Phoenix. I really need to go..."

From the corner of my eye, I saw shadows and figures pass us, or, well, pass the container we were hiding behind, but Phoenix's index on my chin made me focus back on him, his stormy green gaze settling on my own.

"Two minutes," he groaned, studying every inch of my face.

"One," I bargained.

A smirk curled on his lips. "Fine." He didn't even hesitate before he slammed his lips against my own, pushing me harder against the metal behind me. His hand on my chin wandered to my neck, angling me perfectly to deepen the kiss, inviting me in.

My fingers almost cramped from how hard I was gripping into his shirt, holding on to him as he continued his attack on my senses. The thunder in my heart threatened to deafen me when he pulled back, leaning his forehead against my own. I moved one hand from his back to let it roam up his chest, where I felt the same storm that brewed inside me hammering against his ribcage.

Complacency filled my veins when I realized we had the same dangerously potent effect on each other. It was exhilarating as hell, and I felt every nerve ending in my body as he pressed a gentle kiss on my nose, and then on my cheek, and then on my neck...

"Phoenix," I warned, earning myself another grin. I felt it curl against my skin and suppressed a deep sigh, knowing he'd look smug as hell if he knew just how hard it was for me to get away from him. "Stop."