Chapter 46: The One

Three things had happened since our night in Austria

One: I'd become addicted to Florence, even more than I'd ever had before. It'd become impossible to stay away from her, to not watch her lips move when she spoke up in a meeting. I hadn't intended to, really, but it was unimaginable not to. The only reason I'd pull my gaze away from her was that she wanted to take things slow, and I respected that.

Two: Azure Racing had thrived with the work Florence and her team had done. Both Felipe's and my mechanics were up to speed now, and communication had never been better. It'd been a lot of fun working with them for the three races since I'd won in Spielberg.

Number three, and this one was as unexpected as it was thrilling: I couldn't stop winning.

Race after race, I'd either qualified for pole positions or got myself to the first place by fighting my way through the track. It'd been a blast, especially since Florence had waited for me after every damn win. She'd kept her distance in public, just shooting me her beautiful proud grins from far away, but the second I'd found her afterward...

Well, let's just say winning was a lot more rewarding when there was someone waiting for you.

This time, I'd spotted her in her office in the team's motor home, her eyes glued to the laptop screen she was furiously typing away on. Her Azure Racing overalls had been zipped open with the arms tied around her hips, leaving her upper body in a black tank top that revealed her beautiful and healthy curves. I couldn't help but watch as she bit her lip and furrowed her brows, tapping on the screen while she glanced at the papers scattered around the table.

Florence never stopped working. She never stopped trying to improve our performance, not even when we'd beat our competitors by five whole seconds at today's race in Portugal. I loved that about her; I loved that she was as passionate about this job as she claimed to be, and I definitely loved her uncompromising will to achieve greatness.

We'd always had that in common; The desire to win. She probably had it even more than me.

The sigh that left her throat made me redirect my focus on her, my shoulder pressed against the doorway as I watched her lean back. Her head rested in the hands she had crossed behind her neck, and when she closed her eyes, I took that as a sign to approach her.

I locked the door before I walked over, careful not to make a sound as my sneakers hit the ground. Her unclipped hair glided over her neck as she took a deep breath, and I used the opportunity to brush it aside, leaving a hand on each shoulder. She tensed for just a second, but when I leaned down and pressed a kiss on her cheek, I nearly died from the smile that crossed her face.

Florence was too fucking beautiful; even after a race day in the heat that left her hair sticking to her face and her skin glistening from sweat. Somehow, this rugged look made her even more alluring.