Dance with the Devil

TRIGGER WARNING:

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS POTENTIALLY TRIGGERING CONTENT, COVERING A DESCRIPTION OF AN UNCOMFORTABLE SCENE OF INTIMATE NATURE.

PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION, OR DM ME TO INQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION BEFORE CONTINUING.

***********************************************************************************

Though I'd never given a private dance before, I was familiar with the protocol. It was a must, to alert security to the request, at which point two bouncers would be sent with the dancer and their company to the area upstairs where these dances took place. All private rooms were manned by security whenever in use, to ensure the dancer's protection at all times, and there was also CCTV in each room which was monitored in the security room as an extra precaution.

Having slipped away to alert security, I left a message for Stacey to cover my tables for me and went with two of the club bouncers, Drake and Nathan, upstairs to the room. I was used to being nervous, but these were a whole different type of nerves. These were unpleasant, sickening nerves. I wasn't just about to perform a script, I was about to take my clothes off and promiscuously dance for a stranger.

It's a role to play. I repeated again in my head.

I thought about Crystal, Asa and the others. They did this every night, and they were always so confident. They owned what they were doing, and I needed to be just like them right now.

The private room we entered was an intimate space, without being too cramped. It was sparse yet cosy, with a small, black sofa standing against a wall and a table off to the side. Dalton wasted no time in drawing the curtains behind us and making his way to the sofa, where he sat down and stared pointedly at me. I turned away to handle the music, using the moment of privacy to blow out an anxious breath and compose myself for what I was about to do, and as soon as the sound filled the room, I shook my hair back over my shoulders and began to slowly move in time with the beat, swaying my hips promiscuously.

"Very nice," Dalton leered from behind me, "Now, bring that fine ass over here, and let me see your face."

Just breathe.

I followed his instruction, turning around and approaching him, refusing to show the unease I was feeling as I stared at him without seeing. I mentally pictured the crowd downstairs, the faceless men and women who posed no threat to me, instead of the slippery man who was very much an intimidating companion right now. I danced slowly and simply, neither confident nor willing enough to do anything too fancy.

"Still not close enough to make this dance count, Selena," He growled.

I knew what he meant, but the idea of sitting on his lap made my skin crawl, and my palm twitch with the nagging urge to slap him.

At least I can face away from him whilst I grind against his lap. I thought.

But as though he could read my mind, he shook his head.

"I want to see all of you when you finally take that top off. It was the deal, remember. The full show."

With a brief hesitation, I stepped right up to him, then knelt on either side of his lap. His hands landed on my hips and he let out a satisfied moan at finally having me within reach. But before I could do anything else, a loud shout came from outside the room, and Charlie burst in.

"What the fuck is going on here?" He roared.

I leapt off of Dalton instantly, almost falling backwards in shock.