Buried Secrets

The mere mention of the club had me frozen in terror, my eyes glazing over as I stared at the window without seeing it. Ever since Ross had gotten back, I'd done everything I could to keep any discussion about my place of work as minimal as possible. As far as he was concerned, I was just a waitress. When he'd pushed me for more details, I'd distracted him as best as I could, keeping it brief and telling him that the place was a Hollywood secret, an exclusive place tailored only to high-powered execs and other VIP's. Though I could tell that he didn't like the lack of more information, I'd been relieved when he let it go, accepting the excuse I'd provided, about making connections there that could potentially assist in my career someday.

"It's demanding," I said simply, trying to keep my voice calm and seemingly unperturbed by the comment.

"With those kinds of customers, I'm sure it is," He laughed, "Probably non-stop Champagne and impossible cocktails."

"Yeah, pretty much," I chuckled distantly.

"Still, would be cool to see the place sometime."

I opened my mouth to answer, not sure what I could say that wouldn't end up sounding suspicious.

"Yeah," I said as brightly as I could, "Maybe you can help me make some of those thousand-dollar cocktails."

"Thousand-dollar?"

"Uh-huh," I nodded, rolling over to face him and filling him in on the contents of some of the most expensive drinks that existed, the knowledge of which, I'd picked up from my various chats with Davey during my breaks at the club.

"Yeah, I think I'll stick to fighting fires," Ross said with disbelief, shuffling closer to me as his head rested on the pillow beside me.

"Sounds like a good idea," I smiled, relief now flowing through me at the narrow miss.

"Tonight's your night off though, right?"

"Yup."

With a sleepy grin, he pulled me closer, his arm resting over my waist as he gently traced sweeping lines up and down my spine with his fingertips.

"Good. Because I wanna take you out."

"You do?" I asked eagerly, "What made you come up with that idea?"

"Everything's been hectic for months. I think we deserve to treat ourselves."

"I like the sound of that."

His chest rumbled with a laugh and he nodded his head slowly.

"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me."

I swatted him across the arm at the mocking tone, but his quick reflexes permitted him the upper hand in seconds, and it wasn't long before he was straddling me, pinning me to the bed and smirking at his triumph.

"Such a sparky little temptress."

"I'm no temptress, Mister."

"Oh, I beg to differ," He teased, leaning over me and briefly kissing my lips, beginning a gentle trail of kisses over my jaw and across my neck making me giggle and writhe beneath him, "After all, it was you who lured me from my job in the dead of night, just to sate your many needs."

"Which you did so well," I chimed in.

He tipped his head to the side in agreement, gently sliding the neckline of my top lower, his eyes glittering with mischief.

"And what are you up to right now?" I asked, narrowing my eyes, unable to keep the smile off my face at his roguish charm.

"I have my own needs too," He grinned wickedly, making a point of grinding his hips against me so that I could feel his hardening length between my legs.