c h a p t e r 3

It wasn't exactly what I thought would happen but at least I get what I want. Nemesis will, no doubt about that, go with a small team to the South Whisker pack. He will probably want to see the Beta too. There best friends after all. That would be my cue to leave. It has been my plan all long since I moved to Menos, but somehow Nemesis was always around. So when he leaves. I will disappear. I focused on the people who were desperate to get outside. This council meeting will be the only thing that people will talk about.

''Let's go.''

I nodded in the direction of the exit. Dax followed behind me to find Nemesis. Many people were already outside and it was a total mess. People were telling each other what happened.

''Nova, Dax!'' I turned around and saw Nemesis coming towards us.

''We need to make a plan. It is too late now and I want every knight at the tower for our safety. We will discuss this tomorrow with the other knights. Get some sleep you two. We will need it.'' said Nemesis.

I nodded and Dax made a sound of approval. Nemesis turned around and made his way to Fallon and the other knights.

''I hope I can come with Nemesis. That will be my first official mission'' Dax replied. I grunted.

''Of course, you do. Take my spot please then I can stay in the tower and relax while you go and hand over a piece of stupid paper.''

''Noof don't be stupid. You know this is important. And there is a reason I believe he will take the both of us.''

I raised my eyebrow in annoyance and disbelieve.

''Why would you say that?''

''Think about it, Nemesis really wants to go himself, plus it will be the safest option because Nemesis has allies there. So who would be left in charge? Obviously not you.''

Dax replied.

''Very funny.''

''I'm not done yet. Fallon would be in charge and Enora is not allowed because of her brother. The other knights who are currently staying with us will go back to Pavrax or another basis and would spread the news. And a small team has at least three members. Remember?''

Dax's words did not feel like a comfort at all and that would screw up my plan. My eyebrows were furrowed. Maybe I should leave tonight if I can I thought.

''What's wrong?'' Dax responded when he saw my face.

''Nothing, I'll meet you back at the tower.''

away from the crowd making sure to blend in with the dark clouds. I flew over Menos. I soared through the air, the wind whipped through my hair, and the world spread out beneath me. I felt free and alive, weightless and unburdened by the worries of the world.

I could see for miles in every direction, the rolling hills and lush forests stretching out as far as the eye could see.

I swooped and soared, diving down close to the treetops before soaring up high into the clouds. The air was cool and crisp, and I felt invigorated with every breath I took.

As I flew, I could feel the power of my wings, the muscles in my back and shoulders straining with each beat. For a moment, I closed my eyes and let myself fall, plummeting towards the earth before spreading my wings and soaring back up into the sky.

I was kind of nervous to go back to the tower. If what Dax said was the truth, which was a very accurate argument, then I would never get out of Menos. And I needed to be far away before anyone found out. If a knight refuses their duty they will be hunted down and most of the time killed in the process. So I really needed to make a good plan. I knew where every basis of knights where located so I could go to Vilosa but that was dangerous, or I could go to the Catul, land of the Wild. There were no rules there and enough high ground for me. I could scan the area for a few days and then settle in the mountains. But even Catul was a dangerous place. A lot of rebels settle there because of the typical ground. There grows almost nothing and it is too hot in the south with too much sand. And in the north, there are only mountains with a lot of snow and barely any ground to grow something. So for food, I needed to hunt or travel to nearby lands which wasn't exactly my favorite option.