c h a p t e r 12

I had been bickering ever since Axel has led me to a room to change. I had not had a good shower in days and my bandages needed a change to. I could not help myself. I did not know for how long I was sitting on the bed but I could not move. Nemesis was in a coma state, Dax was lost and god knows where. It made me worried sick. My stomach kept twisting and I felt like I had to throw up.

The lynx was a problem too and It would take days, maybe weeks until Pavrax would send over knights to help. I knew the wolves could handle most things that will cause trouble to the packs. While this was a different story. Even I am not certain what I saw. Those creatures matched the description of a caligo knight. What if they cause more trouble? The wolves could never beat them. Even if that meant that all the packs would form an army just like they did when Liontara called to them. But how many would die?

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't even hear someone entering the room. ''Didn't you want to wash up? You have been sitting here for over an hour?''

The warm voice of Axel made me turn my head around. I was still kind of nervous around him but the safety I felt was also comforting. I was fidgeting with my fingers. I did not know what to say.

''Hey? Are you okay?'' Axel asked walking towards me.

I don't know, was I okay? It used to be okay? God, I was overthinking everything. Nemesis would just command me, so I was not used to this. I shook my head.

''No, I guess. I don't know.'' Axel gave me a knowing look. He knew what I was talking about. He walked towards the bed and sat down next to me.

''I can't imagine what you going through but maybe starting with a warm shower will help. I can ask Raelyn to help you if you want. After that, I can help you change your bandages.''

He was referring to the blond girl from earlier. Which was not a bad idea considering that I could not move my right arm and my wing.

I nodded. I felt tired. My eyes felt heavy like I could have a winter sleep. I looked at Axel. His blue eyes were hiding his emotions. He was debating about something but before I could figure out what he was thinking, he stood up and left the room. In return came Raelyn back.

''Hey there. I'm here to help you. Shall I help you get your gear off?'' The voice of Raelyn reminded me of my mother. When she was still the sweet person that took care of me. It made me hesitant. Memories flowed through my mind as I closed my eyes. I saw the memory becoming present.

Sunlight came through the window although the window was decorated with a big plant that had many white flowers. The scent of sweet vanilla swirled through the air. I looked up at the ceiling, a stone ceiling with a lion carved into it. ''Nova, my little solea.'' I heard the soft voice of my mother. She picked me up out of my crib. My hands trying to reach for the lion. ''You like what daddy made for you?'' She pushed her warm nose against my cheek. ''I like it too.'' She whispered. ''It's Liontara, our savior. The one that protected the balance when our ancestors couldn't.'' She rocked me back and forth humming a soft song I could not remember the words from. ''Nova, my little solea.''

I was brought back when I heard my name again. Raelyn looked at me. Her eyes questioning it I heard her. Their nice Nova, caring. I thought to myself when I finally gave a small nod to the blond girl.

Raelyn removed my shoulder protection and the shirt that I was wearing. I stepped into the bathroom. The bathroom was quite big with a bath on the right and two sinks made of black colored marble stones. I looked in the mirror, kind of shocked to see a skinny and tired being in front of me. Of course, I lost weight. I had not eaten probably and I slept either too much or too little. I could not stand looking at myself. I turned around and stepped inside the bathtub. Raelyn followed quietly behind me.