c h a p t e r 7

Nemesis had me worrying about a goddamn demon wolf. First the orb, then that stupid witch and now he is talking about the only demon wolf that we know of. And he is a beta, of the strongest and biggest pack. Not to mention the beta of the Alpha King. Ruler of the wolves. God this looked like a piece of cake in the beginning but I was not liking the tiny bit of information every time we got closer.

We left right after our little talk about the lynx and the beta. Nemesis was back to his grumpy old self where he acted like a cold commander. It was hilarious to see. We were flying above a forest that spread wide underneath us for more kilometers than I could count. I signed tired to look at a green blanket.

''How are you tired when all we did was travel and sleep?'' Dax pulled me out of my thoughts.

''You did get sleep, me, on the other hand not so much.''

''That is on you,'' Dax said pulling his hands up in defense. I chuckled. ''Very funny. Next time tell that to my head okay? Maybe then I actually get some sleep.''

''Will do.'' Dax gave me a smirk and flew a little bit ahead.

''We're going to land here. We need to find the stone on the ground because it is hidden with magic.'' I look at Nemesis who flew at the front of our triangle.

''How do you know that we already arrived?'' Nemesis slowed down and flew between me and Dax. I looked at him curiously.

''If you focused on the forest underneath us you can feel magic. This is magic from witches. The South Whisker pack uses magic to hide. Anyone who enters the forest will be lost forever. That is why almost no one knows what King Axel looks like.''

I tried to do as Nemesis said. Feeling the large waves of magic. It was a mix of dark magic and new energy. As if someone was trying to hide the dark memories that were held in the ground. The forest holds a lot of secrets that is for sure and it felt like someone was hiding them.

Nemesis took the lead and flew down making a nosedive into the forest. ''Time to go!'' screamed Dax at me who followed Nemesis in between the trees. I followed Nemesis and Dax who flew in front of me in between the trees. Dodging every tree and plant in our way Nemesis came to a sudden halt en let himself drop to the ground. His big wings caught him before he hit it. I let myself drop out of the sky too, landing on two feet next to the men. New waves of magic were coming right at us. 

''Don't be disturbed by the magic. It will try to trick you. Trust your instincts and be alert to the sounds around you.''

I nodded looking around me. ''So how do we find this stone? Do we just see it somewhere?'' I said while scanning around.

"There's nothing here at all. Everything is overgrown.'' Dax answered and also started to look around.

''We will find the stone with this.'' Nemesis pulled out a metal ball from his bag that hang on the belt. The ball was marked with the characters of knights. The orb! I thought. ''The Orb of Semita, better known as...''

''The secret of paths.'' I interrupted Nemesis. ''Semita, translates to path in the oldest language ever known. Mostly only spoken by the high knights. The Orb was made by Maeve, the daughter of Icarus. As a gift to those who do not possess magic so that they could still compete with those who have.'' I held my head up high. Annoying Nemesis with my lecture and interrupting him.

Nemesis signed irritated. ''Thank you for the lecture. Now, can I do the rest in silence by any change?'' I nodded giving him an innocent smile.

"Ostend viam tuam ut ostendis mihi viam" Murmerd Nemesis. Dax looked at me with a questionable look. I knew Dax was never good with languages. Only the high knights spoke in the old language, we only learned what was necessary to cast spells.