c h a p t e r 5

Nemesis was alerting Dax while I stood in a defensive stand looking through the trees if I could see the big horse-like creature. 

''Where is it?'' I whispered to Nemesis who was looking in another direction. Dax who was sitting on his knees was ready to fight even tho he had just woken up. 

''You mean he? knight.'' A low voice spoke. 

It came from my right and when I turned around a giant centaur stepped out of the shadow. Dark green eyes shined viciously. Glistering in the moonlight that came through the leaves. He had a dark brown coat with white stripes. Rings around his legs made jingling sounds when he moved forward. Towering far above made me feel small and vulnerable. 

''Holy.'' Whispered Dax. 

''Aren't you far from home?'' He spoke. I wanted to answer but Nemesis spoke first. 

''We are on no man's land, we are not a treat. You can go on your way. We have no business with you.'' Nemesis, the diplomatic that he is, spoke with thoughtful words. 

''Correct, knight, but that does not mean you are welcome here. So I suggest that you leave.'' The centaur nickered and made a horse-like sound. ''We are allowed to be here centaur. You have nothing to fear. We will leave first thing in the morning.''

''Fear? You must be stupid. You would fear us if you know how welcome you are here.'' He laughed nastily and took a step forward.

''Okay, that's enough. Zoaan, back down will you.'' Out of the shadows of the trees stepped another creature. Walking on two legs with white hair and beautiful grey horns. His hair was braided around his horns and he was average in height. Probably the same height as Nemesis. Instead of the perhaps three-meter-tall centaur. 

''My apologies, Zoaan can be very defensive. We are traveling just like you and we were not sure if you guys were, how do I say this? Easygoing knights.'' I looked at Dax, he heard it too. Easygoing? Nemesis did not respond to it but it made me wonder what he meant. 

''No worries, I can understand that. We are resting and we will be on our way soon.'' The man with the horns bowed his head a little. 

''My name is Silas. Can we offer you anything?'' Nemesis returned the bow. 

''No, thank you. My team and I will take our leave. It was nice to meet you. Stay safe.'' Dax rose from his position. 

Nemesis made himself ready as Silas turned around and disappeared into the forest. Zoaan looked me in the eye. Daring me to do something. I did not like him at all whereas I held my ground. He could not get a reaction from me.

When Silas and Zoaan were out of sight I turned to Nemesis.

''Well, that was weird?'' I said. 

''Yes indeed. I never had suge an encounter before.'' Nemesis responded. 

''Good thing they were somewhat nice,'' Dax said. I nodded. 

''Dangerous things can happen, but I am still curious, How did Zoaan get so close without us hearing or seeing him?'' I asked Nemesis.

''Silas is a witch. I could smell the dark magic.'' Nemesis said when he turned around. Both Dax and I had a worried expression. 

''So, it is a good thing that everything went without a fight. Because he could have made it a very difficult fight.'' Nemesis said. 

''But, we have nothing to worry about. We have a paper to deliver! So let's get moving. I don't want wolves to catch our scent." Nemesis spread his wings and flew away as Dax and I followed his lead.