c h a p t e r 11

The wolves that walked along with us escorted us to the front gate of the castle. On the doors were two wolves. Facing opposites direction. Howling with a moon behind them. The logo of the South Whisker pack.

Two wolves in Infront of us shifted back, being almost butt naked I closed my eyes out of instinct. I heard the wolf of Leonidas grin underneath me. ''Not funny,'' I mumbled. I was still tied to his saddle which annoyed me very much. I could barely move and it hurt my right arm.

We entered the castle and I met a pair of familiar eyes. Cadoc. ''Well, long time no see. Nova.''

''A pleasure,'' I responded. My tone dripped from irritation. Leonidas walked to Cadoc. Their eyes met. Both of them stayed silent. A habit of wolves was to use the mind link. Which I couldn't hear because I'm obviously not a wolf. Cadoc stepped forward. Untying me and helping me off of the saddle. ''Get the saddle clean and get the Beta and his team some food and drinks,'' Cadoc commanded to other wolves who surrounded us.

When the saddle was off Leonidas shifted back. I quickly turned around not in the mood to see more naked men.

''Good to see you, Cadoc.'' I heard Leonidas. I glanced over my shoulder. The man shook hands. ''When are you coming to our pack?'' I heard Leonidas say. I kept silent to listen to their conversation. ''When the time is right Leonidas. You know I can't just leave.''

''I know. My brother was just hoping to see you.''

''I know,'' Cadoc responded. I studied their faces. Something was different. Cadoc didn't seem pleased with his mate. Well, too bad for him because he can't choose that shit. Good thing I don't have one. It made me wonder what Dax was thinking when he found out that he was mated to the lynx.

Cadoc handed Leonidas a pair of clothes. While Leonidas was getting dressed I looked around. My head was still throbbing and my wing was aching. The betas were still talking while the warriors were busy around me.

''Nothing much to report. We found the lynx but we did not find any other knights.''

''Mhh, seems that the lynx has an interesting role in this story.'' Said Cadoc.

''We will leave in an hour or so. Do you need anything else?''

Cadoc shook his head. ''Not for now. Just keep on looking out and alert the smaller packs. We will...'' Cadoc stopped talking when our eyes met.

I wasn't sure what he was looking at until black dots started to appear in my vision. My legs gave out under me. Cadoc reacted in a second. Catching me before I hit the ground.

Cadoc let me sink to the ground as I started to panic.

''I cant see.'' I cried out.

''Raelyn help me out!'' I felt another pair of arms as they laid me down.

''Calm down Nova. Raelyn will help you.''

''Her nose is bleeding.'' I felt a cloak against my nose.

''Can you set her up.'' I sat on the ground when the cloak was removed. I smelt a poison, It smelled like flowers. The black dots slowly disappeared revealing a young girl. Her hair is blond with red strokes and many braids.

''Thank you Raelyn.'' I heard Cadoc say.

''What just happened?'' I asked, still nervous. This never happened before. I blacked out more than once but never like this.

''You were blacking out, just very slowly. Like your mind was fighting to stay present. That's why you got a nosebleed too.'' I touched just below my nose feeling the warm liquid. I looked at the tip of my fingers. Small dots of blood.