c h a p t e r 13

I was back in the room where Nemesis was still laying. There was no sound around me. The room was quiet as the evening had fallen. The first rays of moonlight came from one of the windows on the right side of the bed where he was laying.

I wanted to see Nemesis again. I knew he was stable, but his wounds were deeper than mine. His body went into a coma state. Which means this was serious business. An anxious feeling washed over me as I was reminded of what happened. I looked at his bruised face. Dax was still lost and the wolves were on the lookout. But I rather find him myself. refused to let me out. I was hurt and I could not fly yet. I was not a helpless child, but I did feel like one.

Axel was away to ask Raelyn to make food and bring it to the bedroom. That way I did not have to socialize with Cadoc and the Gemma. Axel had told me that his Gemma was back from duty in the south with the sea packs. His name was, Kyler I think.

Axel came back through the door. '' Raelyn put our food in the room. You want to come?''

He was so gentle, and loving. It felt like I was learning new things. After everything that happened with my parents, I felt like I could not handle emotions again. Axel made a difference, he showed me, in the very little times that we spent together that it was possible.

I nodded at him and followed him back to the room. We arrived in the room when I looked shocked at all the plates of food that were placed everywhere. Fruit platters on the nightstands. A giant chicken filled with greens and potatoes is on the low table in front of the couch.

''Oh, Raelyn shouldn't have,'' I said looking at all the food. Axel chuckled behind me.

''She wanted to make you feel welcome.''

''I can see that, she's so sweet. How can I accept all of this?''

''Let's just eat, you have nothing to worry about.''

I felt guilty, I was safe within the walls of the castle, feeling the warmth of a loving connection and the coziness while Dax might be fighting for his life.

We sat down on the bed each a plate filled with delicious things. I had not eaten probably and it also was not common for knights to cook like this. We would hunt and seek food or just buy some simple things on the market. Eating like this, like a royalty felt like a crime.

Axel saw my frown. ' ''

I did not respond to what Axel said. The comfort Axel gave me like he knew me for years already made me freak out, were my walls to protect myself not high enough? I knew that I should not think like that but I was not used to it. I sighed, feeling tired of my own thoughts.

We eat in silence. I managed to eat half of my plate when my mind went to Nemesis again.

' ?'' I asked, breaking the silence.

Axel shook his head as he swallowed a piece of fruit. ''Not really, the pack Docter is running some test but we probably have to wait on Pavrax for this one. They are the expects when it come to a knights health. The same thing goes for you.''

I nodded, I felt so helpless, I just wished that I could do something. Axel shrugged. ''All we can do is wait and hope he wakes up as fast as possible. We could really use his knowledge.''

We fell silenced again. I could feel the weight of the situation pressing down on me. It was not supposed to go like this. Now that I met Axel I cannot just leave, next to that I cannot leave Nemesis here either. I did not trust the wolves completely and I needed to find Dax. But everything was so much more difficult because I could not fly.

After a few minutes, Axel spoke up again. ''There is something I need to tell you.''

I looked up, curious. ''What is it?''