c h a p t e r 9

I looked at the dark clouds. There was a rumbling sound far away from us. It looked like the dark clouds surrounded us. I felt raindrops on my arm again but this time it felt more like a shower of raindrops than the small drizzle of raindrops that Dax was whining about.

''Nemesis? What is happening?'' The air slowly grew chilly and cold and it felt like all the happiness in the world was disappearing. I felt my veins go icy as I saw black dots start to appear out of the clouds.

''I do not have a good feeling about this. Why were we here again?'' Dax turned to Nemesis.

''Guys! Look! Something is coming!''

Nemesis and Dax turned their head in the same direction I was looking. ''This should be good.'' Dax reacted sarcastically.

''Not funny!'' I reacted to Dax. Both of the guys started to annoy me at this point.

Nemesis hadn't said anything. He just started at the clouds.

''So, What are we doing?'' I asked.

''That is the only way to Pavrax.''

''We'll wait, let's find some cover. We fly when the storm has passed'' Nemesis said. Nemesis flew to the ground spotting a cave.

I felt like hours had passed but the storm kept getting worse. ''So, how long do you think we need to stay here?'' I asked. My head rested on my knees which were pulled up against my chest. Dax was laying next to me while Nemesis was standing at the entrance of the cave. He was awfully quiet. ''I don't know.''

That was an answer I heard a lot these days. I couldn't even worry about my shit. There was no time or space. All my previous plans went to waste when we were called on this mission. next to that I haven't even visited my mother. The last time I saw her was over a year ago. I planned to say goodbye but somehow we ended up in some kind of war.

''I wonder how the lions are doing. Do you think they signed the contract?'' Dax asked.

''I think they will. If they told the truth about the fire at least, and if they want peace with the knights. Otherwise, the knights are allowed to find out who killed Jayden.'' I answered. Revenge was taught as something bad, something you shouldn't even think about. It is impossible to ask something like that so there are still rules. Knights may handle it and most of the time if the person in the wrong runs, they are allowed to kill. Not that Enora would kill. She was so sweet. She was probably heartbroken hearing the news about her brother. Nemesis pulled me out of my thoughts.

''It stopped raining. So, the wait is over. Most of the storm has passed. Let's fly to Pavrax''

Up in the sky, the air still felt cold. Almost icy. It was probably past midnight because we couldn't see the details of the clouds anymore. There were still sounds of thunder and small strays of lightning appeared now and then. The storm didn't seem the cause any trouble until it started raining again. The heavy breeze became a storm and the thunder and lighting increased until I could not see any more details except Nemesis and Dax who were flying in front of me.

As if the world went slow and stopped moving around us I saw black figures lit up by the lighting. My breath caught in my throat. Was I seeing this correctly? The figures were flying. Neither Dax nor Nemesis paid attention to it as if I was the only one who was seeing this.

Out of the blue something caught on to Nemesis. Both of them crashed down in a spiral at a high speed. ''Nemesis!'' I screamed. ''Fuck!'' Dax yelled.

More dark figures started to appear from the clouds. The figures came toward us at full speed. When it was only a few meters out of range, I saw the wings of the figure. At that very moment, I questioned everything the lynx told us about. Caligo.