Chapter 04

Carlos looked at the message he was about to send, not sure if he would ever hit the send button. He wasn't sure if TK would respond or if he would respond at all.

“Come on, Carlos, you like that guy. You've been telling me about him for days and now you have a chance to get back together and finally clear things up.”

Carlos looked at Michelle and then at the phone again.

“Michelle, really, I don't know. TK is... okay yes he's handsome, he's really hot and sex with him is great. But I don't know if it's worth all the effort for one more fuck.”

“What if it wasn't just one more fuck?”

How Carlos sometimes hated her friend's sincerity and she could be right by saying very little.

He took a sharp breath and plopped down on the couch with his cell phone in one hand and a beer in the other.

Carlos:

I like you TK, a lot and that's why I don't want us to have misunderstandings again. I want to invite you home, I want to meet you and talk to you.

Sex is great but I also want to get to know more about you... but I'd like us to go slowly.

What do you think?

He finally sent it.

A part of him didn't expect a response, he figured TK wouldn't want to hear from him anymore. He was sure TK was simply looking for sex and wasn't interested in a more complicated relationship. Another, however, wanted so badly to hear from TK and for it not to end there.

He left the cell phone on the couch and decided to focus on Michelle, with just one question about the research he was conducting to find Iris, they could spend hours talking about it, or what was the same, Michelle could spend hours with her theories while he was there.

And then he got the message.

TK:

We're meeting at your place aren't we, did you have second thoughts?

Carlos:

No, no... of course not. It's just that I thought... that maybe... You haven't changed your mind?

TK:

Do you want to know if I've thought about whether I want to go to your house, eat something that you'll probably prepare and it'll be really good, talk to a guy who looks like he's smart and if everything goes well, have a good fuck or two?

Carlos:

Wait, how do you know what I cook is good? The other day you didn't want to eat anything.