Chapter 16

Carlos burst into a laugh while looking at the phone and the three dots on Whatsapp TK's name. He had been texting her for five minutes.

Finally, it came through and he read it carefully.

T: How hard it is to do this. The psychologist told me I shouldn't talk to you for a while because you are too involved in everything that happened..... well you know that. But well, I'm not really "talking" to you, I'm writing to you so I guess nothing will happen... and if it does it's my problem.

T: Ok sorry, I got nervous and said nothing but nonsense. Sorry, let's start from the beginning.

T: Hi Carlos, how are you? Sorry if I haven't told you anything these weeks but... well 1 you know about the psychologist and 2, I had to get used to the idea that life was back to normal, that my ex wasn't going to come and kidnap me and that you... that you are one of the best people I'm going to meet in my whole life and I can't let you go.

T: Does anything I said make sense?

C: Hey, baby, TK. You don't know how much I love knowing that you're okay and that you're back to your old self.

Don't worry about me; I haven't been having the best weeks of my life either.

Nothing that can compare to yours, of course. But, well... How are you?

It's really wonderful to know that you're getting your life back on track.

T: I'm getting there, I'm not complaining.

My father has let me go back to work, although I know he and Judd won't take their eyes off me.

Well actually no one does, no one leaves me alone and when there is a case that could be a problem for me, you know what I mean, they leave me aside.

It's kind of annoying because I feel like I'm being treated as a trio, but I'm very grateful for it.

C: Your father wants to protect you, it's normal.

Everyone wants to protect you, I think that in a way all of us who know you and know what happened, feel guilty for not having taken good care of you and not have prevented what happened.

C: Shit, I'm already talking about me. I promise I'm not self-centered.

T: I know who you are Carlos. I was stupid for not realizing it sooner.

T: I was so obsessed with the sex thing. I didn't realize how much Alex had scored. I was lost when I met you, used you, and abused you.

C: Don't say that, baby. You never did that.

T: I asked you for things you didn't want to do. That's abuse.

Not to the levels, Alex went to.

But it was abuse and for that, I want to ask for your forgiveness, I need to ask for your forgiveness.

C: TK...

T: I mean it and it's not my psychologist's thing, because I don't think I'm going to tell him at the moment that we've had this conversation.

I hate his nagging, he sounds like my father... shit he's like my father, he hired him.

C: XD

C: It's wonderful to see you in a good mood, I hope it's not just because we're talking by message.

T: That's why I'm texting you too. I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but I think I need to take the last step towards a normal life.

C: OK... and we're talking about...