Chapter 12

He had been told not to watch the videos, that they were nothing more than a provocation, the best, Carlos could say, because every time one of Alex's messages arrived in his mailbox, which always had a video attached, the only thing he wanted to do was to make that bastard appear in front of him and do at least the same horrible things to him that TK was doing to him.

"He wants to provoke you," Owen told him. "When I was in New York I knew a similar case pretty close, a guy with a lot of problems wanted to get revenge on a buddy from another barracks for not saving his wife's life. He kidnapped his wife and sent her videos just like he did you."

"How did that story end, Captain? Tell me it has a happy ending, a moral that makes me feel good."

"They found her, don't worry, the guy wasn't very smart and in five days I think, she was safely home."

Carlos nodded and sighed, he closed the computer before opening the message he had opened. He buried his face between his hands on the computer and did his best to put out of his mind all the horrible things that could be in that video.

But at the same time he realized that he had to watch it, he had to be strong, he had to be prepared for anything because TK needed him and if he looked the other way now he would be no better than Alex himself.

"I know it's a lot to ask because TK is your son and I... I'm really nothing of your son, except the guy who slept with your son and why TK has ended up where he is now."

"I got it, I don't need any more details, Carlos."

"Sorry, Captain."

"Since you're about to ask me to watch that video burning inside the computer, at least call me Owen.

"Okay, Owen. And yes I did indeed want to ask you to watch the video with me."

They did watch the video without saying anything as they did so.

At first, it looked like a video like the other three Carlos had seen in the last two days. There was the bedroom and the bathroom. TK wouldn't come out of there or at least Alex wouldn't let him see it. TK was in bed, curled up, he was not asleep, even in the distance they could see that he had his eyes open, fixed on the wall, and his arms around his own body.

"Alex is gone, did he send me this video to make me see that TK's greatest torture is leaving him lying there all day?"

"I don't think he's taking all this time and jeopardizing jail time, just to have TK...."

Owen didn't finish speaking because the answer came almost immediately as TK groaned and stirred on the bed. The captain knew his son well but there were parts of him, sounds he made that Carlos knew and he did not.

He too stirred uncomfortably in the chair and wished he hadn't asked Owen to watch the damn video with him.

TK stirred again, arched his back, and gripped the sheet tightly. He moaned louder and if that wasn't enough, a "Carlos" followed by an intense moan.

"Alex...please stop this...please."

Carlos slammed the computer shut and for a moment he felt like he wanted to disappear, to turn back time and delete the video or have watched it when he was alone.

"I'm so sorry, I really am. Even I shouldn't have avoided watching it myself." He stood up and started walking; he didn't want to stop walking, didn't want to stop walking until he found a way to get to TK. "What's next, showing me how he fucks him?" Carlos bit his tongue. "I'm not having my best day, sorry for what I just said. I shouldn't have shown you the video, I shouldn't be talking to you about this."