1

Tuesday, August 3rd 2020
6am

Beomgyu wakes up to the sound of his alarm ringing in his ear. BTS's 'Love yourself' playing sweetly, echoing inside his almost empty room.

He just moved in to this apartment a day ago. His mom told him he needed to move out. So, he travelled from Daegu and moved all the way to Seoul.

'Ugh.. school...' he got up and walked to the bathroom across the hall. After getting ready for the day, he grabbed his things and headed towards a school nearby.

"Magic Academy.. catchy." He mumbled to himself. He tightened the strings on his backpack and started walking into the school.

All eyes were on him the second he stepped into the second he got into the school. Girls and boys all around started whispering, talking about the 'new boy' who had just stepped into the corridors.

Beomgyu gulped as he eyes everyone. 'What if they think I'm weird?' He asked himself. Sooner or later he was going to need to talk to someone to ask where the office was. Lucky for him, someone was a step ahead.

"Hello! Welcome to Magic Academy! My name is Yeonjun, the school's student council Vice President." A yellow haired guy said, introducing himself to Beomgyu.

"Hi.. I'm Beomgyu." He replied, introducing himself also.

"You look.. normal?" Yeonjun questions the boy. Beomgyu furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean by normal?" He asked. Yeonjun looked him up and down, gasping right after.

"Are you a human?!" He explaimed, catching the attention to taller guy with purple hair.

"Human?" Said the purple haired guy. Beomgyu frowned and looked at the two in front of him. "Hm? Oh sorry, I'm Soobin, Student council president."

"Uhm.. anyways, yeah I'm human? Aren't we all though.." he mumbled the last part.

The others gasp once again. "Human?!" They yelled again, this time catching the attention of everyone else in the halls.

"There's a human?!" A guy says, looking around the area. "I hate humans!!" He yells again.

"Oh fuck me..." Beomgyu mumbled, leaving the scene. Quickly, he hid inside the library. Without realization, he bumps into a taller person. "Ah! Sorry.." Beomgyu bowed down respectfully. He carefully helped the other pick up their things as when they bumped into each other, the other had dropped everything in their arms.

"It's ok! What's your name? I've never met you before." The latter said. Beomgyu looks up at him and shyly smiles.

"My name is Beomgyu, I'm a new transfer student here." He gave a hearty chuckle before looking down at the ground to stare at his, much more interesting to look at, shoes.

"Ah, well my name is Huening Kai, Kai for short. I heard the commotion outside, are you the human?" Huening asked.

Beomgyu looked up at him with wide eyes before proceeding to nod slowly, looking back down. He backed away from him a little.

"Hey, don't worry. I'm a deer, not a predator." Huening reassured, making Beomgyu feel more at ease.

"Question.. why is everyone calling themselves animals when no one even has.. animal features?" Beomgyu asked.