9.

The party was buzzing with people talking, that was other than Jennie who was unfamiliar to everyone at the party other than a select 3, who themselves were engrossed in a conversation.

She would've hoped to use her Cell, but unluckily, it was as if fate was against her due to the fact that Uruk had absolutely the worst service, and even so she hadn't switched her phone card to that of the locality.

So instead she just sat there, playing a pitifully low amount of offline games she somehow had forgot to delete off of her phone from when her cousins kid had visited.

Jennie would have never thought it would have been in use for her, but here she was, a repeat of her excuse of a prom night playing out in front of her.

Maybe the heavens had finally pitied her being so secluded, that thankfully a hand had tapped on her shoulder.

Turning around she faced Jimin, who she offered a smile too since he was her friend after all.

"Hey, we got bored and I noticed you look the same, wanna come with us? We're ditching" he said as he motioned between him and Taehyung who was behind, as she snuck a quick glance at the guy.

"Are you sure? I mean won't I be, I don't know third wheeling you two? I mean he doesn't even know me" she said as Jimin just shook his head.

"Nah, Tae's fine with it. Asked him before hand. Actually, he kinda suggested it. Either ways, just come, literally anything could be better than this" he said as she thought a moment but agreed, seeing as this party was doing nothing for her anyways.

Jimin smiled in victory once he saw the girl getting up onto her feet, as she threw the empty cup into the bin and left her bags as they were, near one of the cupboards, as she knew no one would be stupid enough to mingle with her belongings.

Jennie followed the two men as they walked unnoticed to a room behind the stairs, as they slipped inside closing the door shut behind.

"What's this room?" Jennie asked out of curiosity as her hands stayed in her pockets, as she observed her surroundings walking past a table filled with stacks of files and paper.

"The office. It's where I come to sign or sort paperwork that's confidential, and Jimin too as second in command. No one actually has the keys other than me" Taehyung said as he sat down at one of the chairs across the table, as Jimin only followed with one of the chairs across Taehyung.

Noticing the last chair at the side of the table she sat in it as well, as the other side was connected to the wall it was the only other place.

"So why show it to me Cap?" Jennie asked as she had quickly made herself comfortable.

"Well, you are technically my senior in rank. Although, what liner are you?" He asked as she shrugged.

"96, but I'm in January, you?" She asked as he loosened the second button of his uniform.

"95, same with Jimin. December to be exact, I'm older than you then" he replied.

"Oh I knew about Jimin, but a month isn't that long. Don't expect me to call you 'OpPa' or whatever it is" she said as her face cringed at the thought.

He just chuckled as Jimin did too, pulling out a bottle of wine as Jennie mockingly gasped and hit his arm.

"Did you always have that in there?" Taehyung asked him as he only let out a sheepish grin in response pulling out three glasses, filling them one by one as he passed it around.

"We could get in serious trouble if someone catches us" Taehyung mentioned swirling the liquid around.

"That is IF, we get caught" Jimin said, already sipping at his as the former only rolled his eyes.

"Loosen up a bit will ya? I don't know any senior of ours who hasn't drank in secret. Just think of it as tradition and don't get too drunk" she said as she sipped at her own, and Taehyung had caved in.

"How did you and Jimin meet exactly? You said you had come to the work side when you were 25, I was there with him at the time I'm pretty sure"

"Ah, you came about a month before she left. She only stayed with the reserve for three months, before leaving to the other path, which is the teams. If you would have had that transfer earlier, you probably would have met." Jimin said explaining as Jennie nodded.

"Yep. We got close since we both were around the same age, and he tried to hit on me at first. But after one blue eye I think he got the hint" she laughed as Jimin only playfully scowled at three memory.

"Well that's one way to get rejected" Taehyung said with a tilt of his head.

"Her punches are hard. She already was at the top with our group even though she only joined recently at that time. I'm pretty sure either the group was jealous of her or in awe" Jimin concluded as Taehyung widened his eyes in memory.

"Oh! She's the girl that everyone was blabbering about?" He asked as it was Jennie's turn to look to Jimin puzzled.

"What? You created a buzz with your skills and left, what did you think was going to happen?" He said in defence as she shrugged getting his point.

"Fair enough. But skill like that comes from being trained for the military your whole life. When I'm too old I'll get a job on the government side, and my life's set like that." She sighed as Taehyung questioned.

"You said your parents made you shift to the military, would you have chosen something else if it was your choice?" He asked as she propped her elbow on the table, as her chin rested in her palm.

"No, I think I still would've come here. It's always drawing you know?" She stated as the two shared a look of understanding and agreed.

They chatted for around another hour, getting to know one another informally a bit better, before deciding to hit the night routine.