37

"How are you feeling?" Jisoo asked Jennie.

It had been around 4 months since the passing.

Rosé was currently in Africa volunteering, with another few medics.

"Well, I'm definitely not doing over him, or what happened yet, obviously." She said as she clutched the necklace where the ring was put on a chain.

"Of course, you're different now, but that's a given." Jisoo muttered, holding the coffee in her hand as it warmed up her fingers.

" Im going to take a break for a bit though. Go to Jeju and whatnot. Just to take a break." She replied as Jisoo nodded approvingly.

"That's probably for the best. When are you leaving?" She asked, finally happy that the girl was trying to bring herself back now.

"Tomorrow. It was a spontaneous decision." Jennie said chuckling lightly as Jisoo looked at the leaves on the ground.

"That sounds nice. Bring me some souvenirs though." She smiled at the girl, who was dressed in something other than athletic wear for once, who only nodded.

"Of course."

————————-

Jennie walked around the cliffs that displayed the ferocious waves clashing against the rocks, accompanied by the autumn breeze against her hair.

The scarf around her neck worked to keep her warm, as she had her hands safely tucked into her pockets.

Letting out an an ominous sigh, she closed her eyes for a moment, letting herself just relax.

"Tough day?" A voice called from behind, as she froze at the tone.

Her brown orbs opened as the sun shone through them, and she immediately turned around, checking to if she heard things.

Standing right there, in his fresh military uniform, there he stood.

After four months, there he was, actually alive and standing right in front of her, as she could only look at him incredulously.

"T-Taehyung....." she muttered, unable to grasp the fine line between her imagination and reality at the moment.

"Jennie." He countered, and that's when she knew.

When he muttered her name, she knew it was true, and that he was hear, as she ran and crashed into his arms, tears freely flowing down her face.

"Wh-where were you!" She exclaimed, her fist painlessly hitting against his chest, as Taehyung only took it, enveloping his arms around her, as he closed his eyes, tearing up himself.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry.." is all he could reply, as Jennie only fisted the material of his shirt, burying her face into his chest.

"I thought you were gone.." she said, a lot softer as Taehyung only tightened his hold around her.

"I know, I'm so sorry. But it'll never happen again." He said, pulling back as he tucked the loose strand of hair behind her ear, glancing down to meet the engagement ring.

"You kept it." He observed, as Jennie looked down to where he was looking and grasped the ring.

"Yeah. I did." She smiled as Taehyung leant in, pressing his lips to hers.

Jennie countered as she threw her arms around his neck, one hand sliding back to hold the hand that was grasping the side of her face.

"I love you, so much" she said to him once they pulled away, with sincerity pooling in her tear stricken eyes as she looked into his.

"I love you more than you can imagine. You don't know how grateful I am for you."

———————

And just like that, a fate that was bound to be one of Romeo and Juliet was saved,

Only this time, for them it wasn't just the idea of love that kept them together, it was the feelings too.

———————-

"You're telling me you guys were taken hostage when you escaped the bomb?" Yoongi asked dubiously at the pair, who were just nodding along.

It had barely been 3 days since the two turned up again, as they were first taken to the main room to give a brief report of what happened.

When the bomb had blown, the grenade in this instance, the two had somehow managed to make it out of impact before it blew, but had unfortunately been spotted and then taken into hostage.

Just recently had they managed to escape and reach a South Korean embassy, who flew them back, and upon arrival, they went to the main room.

After that, when Taehyung found out about Jennie's location, he went there immediately, to see her, while Jimin had gone to Rosé.

And then, after spending a few hours together, they both flew back so he could reunite with the others.

"Well that's something.... You scared the shit out of everyone. Jennie noona wore her uniform and even cried. I never saw her like that before." Jungkook said,  now calling her noona after work hours due to Lisa's close friendship with her.

And now that Rosé and Lisa were finally reunited, they had both gone out often, for hours sometimes, Jisoo tagging along with them too.

It's like a new bond had formed between the four.

"I can't imagine..." Taehyung sighed.

"I heard that Jennie was forced to be one of them to put a badge on his coffin.. was that true?" Jimin asked concerned.

"Yeah, it was. Apparently it was the General Commander or something. You can say things weren't as smooth with them since." Yoongi replied as a uncomfortable silence fell between the four.

"Anyways, on a brighter note, here." Taehyung said, as he placed three cards in front of each respectively.

"Huh? What are these for?" Jimin asked as Jungkook looked at him curiously as well.

"Save the dates." He said as Jungkook widened his eyes opening them further.

"I'm getting married."

_________________
The end
————————-