21.

"How is he?" Jimin asked as soon as Jisoo exited the Operating room.

As soon as she had stepped out all other 6 in the room had turned to the staff.

"He's fine for now, the surgery was a success but it's a matter of if he'll wake up. The post surgery is critical" she explained as Taehyung sighed.

The Arab doctor had arrived after they had already begun operating, so it was too late to go something, and he didn't take it too lightly that someone operated on him, acting cold towards them.

"Oh god" Jisoo groaned as she sat down, exhausted from the excruciating hours.

"Why don't you get some food, I'll look over him?" Jennie advised as she shook her head.

"It's fine, you must be tired too" she replied with a smile as Jennie just pursed her lips together yet nodded.

"Major, there's a call from the General, they want you, immediately. He didn't sound very happy..." Jungkook came in for a moment hesitating to say the last part, maybe even a little worried.

"Should we come with you?" Jimin asked as she shook her head.

"It's fine, I don't want to drag you into it. Just stay here and make sure everything is calm" she said with a while before leaving to go the office.

"Do you think it's bad?" Jin asked coming to stand beside where Jisoo was sitting after he washed his hands.

"I don't know, but I hope not, that was tense earlier"
She said, and before Jin could say anything else the door opened.

"Unnie, I got you guys some food, just don't drop any" Rosé said coming in, with bora behind her as they gave the food to the doctors and other medical staff who had just exited the OR.

"Ah thank you chae, can you get one of the other residents to watch over him while we eat?" Jisoo asked as she nodded.

Rosé left the room and went to the table, where everyone was sitting nervously after eating due to all the staring from either the escorts or the intimidating soldiers.

"Danbi-ssi, Dr.Kim is asking for you to look over the VIP while they eat." She asked the resident who had just finished eating.

"Oh okay, thanks for telling me Rosé" she said standing up and taking a deep breath and heading in.

"What's the situation inside?" Areum asked Bora and Rosé, as the others grew curious as well.

The two sat down before beginning to speak up themselves.

"It was so tense in there, like pin drop silence. All the doctors are anxiously waiting for him to wake up, and the Arab guy is just making it worse. The escorts are fine for now, but Taehyung and Jimin are both just there quietly talking amongst themselves" Bora explained in a detailed manner.

"What about Jennie? Wasn't she in there?" Chanhee, another nurse asked.

"No she wasn't, but I saw her going into the big office room while we were on the way to the kitchen. But I didn't get to ask her since she was already at the door. It seemed a bit serious though" Rosé said as she slipped her hair into a braid, getting it out the way.

"Do you think something happened?" Areum asked as she slumped her shoulders.

"Maybe? I'm not sure, I hope it isn't too serious though" she said with a sigh.

————-

"Anything different?" Jin asked as he came in, letting the residents go as he joined Jisoo after checking on his vitals once again.

"His oxygen levels faltered earlier but it's stabilised now" she replied as she sat against the wall with her knees against her chest.

"Why don't you go take another break, I just took one. You were in the operating theatre for a while after all" he asked as he sat next to her, running a hand through his hair.

"No it's okay, I took one before you too, anyways you were with me the whole time." She said as she massaged the back of her neck as it felt stiff.

"Your call then, do you think he'll wake up?" He asked as she shrugged.

"I mean he should, his vitals are stable and his check up leads us to believe he's fine, so I don't see why he shouldn't unless something else is there" she said as he nodded.

"Yeah, but how long do you think it'll be?" He looked towards her as she held her chin in the palm of her head, joe sitting cross legged.

"At least a few hours. If we're lucky it'll be quicker but if we're not..." she said trailing off but nonetheless you could get what she applied.

"It's fine, you did well sooya" Jin said smiling at her as she turned to look at him.

Just the way he smiled at her was enough to get blush rushing up to her cheeks, as she immediately turned back to the front.

"Thank you..." she muttered quietly as she could hear him chuckle.

————

"Hey you two, let's go to the office, Send someone in here for now" Jennie said as she walked in, startling Taehyung and Jimin.

None of the medics were there anymore, other than Jisoo and Jin who were with the patient further in, so they couldn't see nor hear that she had come in.

"What happened? Did he say anything?" Taehyung immediately asked her as she looked behind her and to the side, seeing either the soldiers, medics or some escorts nearby.

"Not here, as I said, the office. Let's talk there, for now just post Two others in here." She said as they nodded.

Jimin used his walkie to call over Hanbin and Miyeon, two other soldiers as the three left from there, amidst the curious stares the two were giving them as they left.

"Is it bad?" Jimin asked after a moment as she sighed, but just before she could answer as they almost stepped into the main building, they were stopped again.

"Jennie unnie!" Rosé called as she ran over after telling Areum and Bora to wait for her.

The girl crashed into the elders arms as Jennie hugged her back.

"Why? What happened?" She asked as Rosé pulled away, Jimin getting a little upset that she just ignored him.

"What do you mean what happened? You scared everyone when you went up earlier. Did something happen? Is everything okay? Why are you all going up?" The blonde fired questions one by one.

"Rosie, Shh." Jennie said quietening her before she spoke.

"What happens on this side is not something you need to be worried about. I'm fine. And we can't talk about this stuff, it's private information. Don't worry, it's taken care of" she said with a smile before turning back.

"We have to go, but you go in ahead. I'll meet you later" she said giving her a pat on her arm before turning around and walking back in, as Rosé just sighed watching them leave before turning around to go back to Areum and Bora.