31

Taehyung stirred in his sleep as he woke up, first his fingers twitching before his eyes fluttered open, momentarily blinded by the sudden light.

He blinked a few times, before finally getting used to it.

Looking around, he soon realized due to the sheer white walls and the blinds which allowed beams of evening light to seep through, and the machine right next to him, that he was in a hospital room, as he saw the needles connected to his arm.

On his side, he could see a figure hunched at the side, her black hair scrunched together in a makeshift ponytail, seemingly napping after working, as a folder sat half open on the bedside table.

He moved his arm slightly, careful not to shock her or over exert himself as well, causing Jennie to stir as well as she woke up, rubbing her eyes and yawning as she did so.

He realized that right at the sight of her waking up like this, you would simply never catch Jennie slipping.

Her hair, although slightly messy, somehow suited her, as her barefaced beauty was always apparent, show casing just how attractive she was, no matter the situation.

"Oh Taehyung-ah, you're up!" Jennie smiled as she hit the call button for a nurse, as instructed to do so.

"Shh, don't speak now, your throat must be parched after sleeping dead for 5 days straight." Jennie muttered preventing him from uttering a word as she passed him a glass of water, offering a smile as she did so.

Within a few moments, a nurse had appeared through the door, surprised slightly that he was awake already, before checking his wounds outside the bandage and leaving to call the doctor in charge, Jin.

"5 days?" He questioned astonished as she simply nodded in reply.

"Yeah, out cold. Jimin was so distraught and disheveled when I first saw him. Rosé had to drag him out." She answered as she caressed his hair, receiving a smile from him in return.

Jin had then walked in, as he checked the machines and noted down his notes.

"Jennie-ssi, could you...?"He didn't need to finish as Jennie stood up nodding and left, used to this routine as it happened every time they needed to check the wounds or re-bandage.

After doing so, the nurse had called her back in, as this time she stood at the bedside.

"Well, thanks to the gunshots surprisingly only being minor, the skin will heal in around 5 more days, which is when we will begin the stitches. No excessive movement is allowed for the month, as it will possibly worsen if you do so." He continued as Taehyung nodded, a little dull knowing he would be bedridden the next month or more.

"Your heart is fine, I thought it would have gone far deeper than it did, but luckily it had only stuck towards the right, and not too far, which our Cardiovascular surgeon has guaranteed to have no effects on your heart. You are fortunate it's minor, it could have been life threatening." Jin said with a serious tone.

"Either way, I'll leave you to rest and have a meal sent your way, which Is monitored to assist your recovery. Jennie, you are the only exception with visitor hours got it?" Jin strictly said as the latter chuckled yet nodded.

"Yeah yeah now go on and don't be late for your date."Jennie ushered the guy who only rolled his eyes.

"Well? Fill me in on what I missed." Taehyung said as he turned his head towards Jennie, who smiled as she sat on the side of his bed, where his legs weren't.

"Hm, Rosie and Jimin are both doing their romantic things, yet he visits you all the time.

Jungkook and Lisa can't help worry about you too, yet they are not allowed anymore after Jungkook almost threw a tantrum.

We caught all the terrorists that day, with no casualties might I add. Your dad comes by every other day, as he's busy. Your mom makes amazing food too.

I will steal all her gimbap, I'm telling you.

Jin and Jisoo act so obviously that they are 'secretly' dating, that they didn't realize until someone told them that everyone knew.

Yoongi visits, yet he doesn't make a big deal, however we know he cares no matter his tough facade. 

The hospital chairman had Given us a hard time. He was so hard to cooperate with. I literally felt as if I was talking to a five year old with that stubborn mentality of his. At least five year olds are cute...

Oh and So-" she bang but was cut off by Taehyung as soon as she almost began again.

"I didn't mean that..." He started as she tilted her head in confusion. 

"I can catch up on that stuff from them. I mean, what about you?" he asked as he rested his palm over hrs, as she smiled gently at him, holding his hand in hers.

"What do you think Captain? I've been here since you got admitted, see the suitcase?" She says pointing to it, as Taehyung finally sees it at the side of the room, surprised at the sight of it.

"You didn't think I'd leave you here like this right?" She says as she stands up and approaches him, sweeping his hair to the side and softly pressing her lips against his forehead, in an affectionate manner.

"Get well quick, okay?" She smiles at him before pecking his lips slightly, a soft yet sweet kiss, an innocent kiss as they best call it.