23.

"How is he?" Taehyung asked rushing inside the medi cube, Jennie following behind.

"He's fine, he just needs to recover" Jisoo says from the inside, hearing the voices come in.

Curious gazes we're looking to see what the commotion inside was about, since all three of the nurses inside earlier were now kicked out and instead the anaesthesiologists and a senior nurse was inside.

"The Arab doctor is looking over him now, I think he's still a little grouchy since we did well on the surgery though" Jin sniggered.

"I'm going to go brief the General, take care of the situation here for a moment" Jennie mentioned before leaving, not stopping a moment to look at the others.

"Contact the closest Air ambulance to transfer the VIP to a bigger hospital so that strangle treatment can be continued." Taehyung ordered Jimin who nodded and left the medi cube as well.

"Prepare the VIP to be transferred please" he told the medical staff who nodded looking at each other nervously.

"Captain speaking. Tighten security around the camp, medic cube especially. Secure all exits and entrances. Word must have spread about the VIP's location. Over" Taehyung then moved on speaking into his HT.

"Soldier 9 speaking. Front entrance secured with 4. Over and out."

"Soldier 6 speaking, west wing secured with 7. Over and out"

"Soldier 1 speaking, north east gate secured. Over and out."

"Soldier 3 speaking, roof stop secured with 2 and 5. Over and out."

"Soldier 8 speaking, back exit secured. over and out."

"Soldier 10, activity near south west gate. Seems to be an jeep paused near the drive ramp. Directions? Over." He said as Taehyung geared up to leave.

"Captain speaking. Keep a watch of the vehicle till I reach. Do not proceed to attack. Over and out." he spoke before turning around the doors to leave, meeting Jimin at the door as he instructed him to watch over the medi cube.

As told, Jimin entered the medi cube only to be followed in by Jennie a second later.

"Jimin, what's the situation with the Air ambulance?" Jennie asked immediately pulling him to the side as the two looked quite serious.

"It's coming soon however they said there could be a delay due to the thunderstorm near FRA" he replied as Jennie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Germany? I mean I get it's a 15 minute flight, but don't the countries have current political conflicts?" She asked as he shook his head.

"It's the closest, and safest option. If needed they can do another flight from FRA, it's a bigger airport than Baghdad" he replied as she pursed her lips yet nodded.

"Okay, the General has been informed of the situation. He said to follow up regarding protocol. The house will have a discussion on where to proceed next based on wh-" she spoke, but was cut off due to an interception on the radio.

"Captain speaking. Location, south west gate. There seems to be a van trying to get access into the camp and has just been followed by another. Back up needed from Major. Over " he spoke as she took out her HT.

"Received. I'm on my way. Over and out" she spoke before turning to leave.

"What's with all the serious mood and stuff? Isn't it over now that he woke up?" Jin asked the question he was itching to ask since he saw them enter, but didn't have the chance to.

"Your job is done, yes. But there's a pretty bad situation behind the scenes. That's the main reason why we three are not in the best mood. The soldiers all know the weight of the situation so they are not as happy either." He said as he came over.

"Is this about what happened with Jennie earlier?" Jisoo asked as he sighed.

"Yeah Uh, I can't tell you what's the actual situation but she's going to have a pretty tough time now." He said with a sigh.

—————

"Why are the vans trying to get access?" Jennie asked as she approached the two who were taking down the details of the drivers and their company.

"Say they're here to drop a load of medical supplies, sent from Asan hospital. No visible weapons and we don't have a warrant to search their vans" he replied.

"Well even if they are here for supply, we can't let them inside. It's too risky, and the public can't know about the situation." She said before approaching the drivers.

"Hello, do you speak arabic?" She asked in Modern arabic, also known as Kurdish.

"Yes" the first driver replied in arabic pleased to finally find someone who could understand them.

"We're so sorry to do this, but we can't let you inside due to the current training, as it can be hazardous. Please leave the boxes here itself, and we will take them in" she told them as they looked at each other yet nodded.

"Are you sure? They are a lot of boxes. There's four of us for a reason" he said as she smiled.

"Yes, we have more people inside if we need help. We'll take care of it. Thank you for bringing them here" she said and slightly bowed customarily as they nodded.

"As you wish, please fill this form while we unload" he said handing her a form as she nodded.

"Can you both move them up to the gate as they unpack?" She asked the two who just nodded, and began helping out, as she finished filling the form and helped as well.

"Thank you, have a safe journey back" she said as she bid them goodbye and headed up the gate near the two with the final box.

"Since when did you speak Kurdish?" Taehyung asked shocked as she shrugged.

"I had to learn it because a lot of countries speak Kurdish. It's a fine line between the arabic languages" she replied before picking up two of the boxes.

"All three of us can't leave the gate. Me and Captain Taehyung will take the first four before asking some of the medical team to help out. Stay at post" she told the soldier who nodded and turned around after offering to help yet being told no.

"Let's go." She told looking at Taehyung who nodded and got two himself, as the pair walked towards the building, being careful due to the dark as they made sure their steps were sturdy.

After a few moments of walking they neared the medi cube and saw the other medical staff outside.

"Hey everyone, do you mind helping out a little. There's a new shipment of medical equipment at the southwest gate and there's a lot of boxes. Mind bringing one each here?" Jennie asked as they nodded after getting over the sight of the two walking with boxes.

"Please one each only, they're heavier than they look and are very expensive" he told them as they agreed and left after being told to be careful by Jennie.

Opening the medi cube door they walked in with the boxes.

"Hey uh, where do these go?" Jennie asked looking for an answer as Jin and another anaesthesiologist rushed over taking one box each and leading them the way.

"Another shipment?" Jisoo sighed groaning knowing how long the labelling process would take.