7

George stirred in his sleep, slowly waking up. His eyes flew open and he sat up.

"Fuck," he muttered as he took in the empty couch. "He's gone."

The couch was empty, only a slight indent of where Dream had sat— how long ago? George looked at his clock, the time reading 7 pm.

He sighed and stretched, feeling his back pop from how he slept. George noticed that the couch was clean of it's original blood stains. Dream had taken the Vaseline and bandages, cleaned up, and left.

Part of George wanted to smile at the considerate action, but he swallowed and looked away. His eyes snagged on the table with his gun, which rested next to bullets.

Dream had put them back. Why?

George didn't know whether to feel comforted that Dream wasn't going to kill him or afraid because Dream could kill him whenever he wanted.

~

George arrived at his work early the next morning.

He was greeted by a tired Zak. Zak offered a small smile and said, "There was a body found this morning. I'm heading there— wanna come?"

"Sure," George replied, "I'm curious to see how similar Sapnap's methods are compared to Dream's."

Zak nodded and the two drove to the crime scene, which was the lobby of pharmacy. A bold place for a new killer.

George let Zak take the lead since this was his case. Zak followed the police officers into the pharmacy, stepping around the caution tape.

Reporters were outside, shoving their microphones at anyone who was going past the tape. George was unused to all the attention and flashing lights. Dream rarely killed publicly, so there was less attention.

George's eyebrows rose as he took in the victim, a young man by the looks of it. He had a long dagger in his chest, but it was vastly different compared to Dream's.

The dagger Sapnap used was curved, it's blade twisting like a snake. But it wasn't intended to be a snake because George could clearly make out the painted flames on it. The end of the dagger was stained red from the blood, then the blade itself was orange and yellow, imitating flames.

George had to admit that it was pretty cool.

H watched as Zak put on gloves and open the victim's palm, which held a crumpled note.

Zak shook his head and showed the note to George. It read, 'I bet Dream couldn't do better.'

George raised an eyebrow and remarked, "He really wants to one up Dream."

Zak laughed softly. "You could say that. Sapnap is pretty bold for a new killer— I mean, a pharmacy of all places? I don't know how he pulled it off."

"Hopefully he'll take too big of a risk and expose himself."

Zak nodded. He was the called away to look at something. George's new phone in his pocket buzzed.

It was a text from Clay.

Clay

Still on for Saturday?