21

George arrived early to the station the next morning. He sat alone in the main room, staring blankly at the papers in front of him.

Niki and Tubbo were in the labs and Zak, Jack, and Tommy were going out for the morning, finding good monitors and earpieces for communication to buy for the mission. No one else had arrived yet, George didn't expect them to. The meeting was at one, when they'd all discuss the mission.

They were flying to Palm Beach tomorrow. Then they'd find Wilbur and Clay's sister. Then everything would be good again.

Or so George hoped.

He sighed and sat up, ruffling through the stack up papers in front of him. His eyes landed on Wilbur's mugshot and he studied the man. His hair was short in the pictures and his face was littered with a couple bruises. His eyes were unforgiving and expressionless, staring into the camera lens with no remorse.

George set the picture down and walked to the wall. He traced a finger over the blueprint of the house. There was a highlighted path that eventually split into two. One path for Alex and Sapnap and the other for Clay and George.

George's team would discuss it more at the meeting, so the paths weren't set in stone. He looked at a colored photo of the house. It was truly beautiful. Towering up in three stories with hanging flowers and a water fountain. It was not what George would expect for someone like Wilbur.

He had no idea how the mission would result. He and Clay's job was to find Clay's sister. George had no idea what she looked like. He was going to have to rely on Clay for that, but even he hadn't seen his sister in years.

A fourteen year old girl couldn't be that hard to miss, right?

~

Hours later, when lunch was over, it was soon one o'clock. George sat in his chair, waiting for everyone to arrive.

Unlike usual, nobody worked with George that morning, everyone was off doing their own thing. George wasn't offended, he knew that they knew what time the meeting was. However, he was nervous about his up and coming interaction with Clay. After talking to Niki, George was starting to doubt himself.

Maybe Niki was right. Maybe George was too forgiving, too willing to trust again.

The door opened and everyone came in aside from the two prisoners. The team chatted for minutes, but George sat in silence. Occasionally, he would glance at Niki, finding only pity in her eyes.

George didn't look up when Sapnap and Clay were brought in. He stood up before Clay could sit next to him and walked to the wall. He kept his back to everyone, listening to the room go quiet.

He took a deep breath and turned around. He met Clay's eyes first, which brightened when George looked at him. He gave George a thumbs up with a soft smile. George's shoulders relaxed and he looked to everyone else.

"Alright, George started, "as you all know, we are flying to Palm Beach tomorrow morning. We won't be driving because it takes too much time, time that we don't have. It's most likely that Wilbur already knows we've been researching him, so tomorrow's flight leaves at four thirty in the morning and we'll arrive in Palm Beach shortly after five... Any questions about our method of transportation?"

When no one said anything, George continued, "When we arrive, we'll split into three groups. Zak, Jack, and Tommy will be staying at Palm Beach's police department. There you will hack into any cameras in Wilbur's house. You will be opening any automatic locks and doors for us. Based off the modern appearance and wealth of the house, I'm assuming there will be security. You three will also be directing the two field teams on coms."