15

"Who the hell is Wilbur Soot?"

Technoblade gave George a bored look and shifted in his seat to turn to his computer, typing away.

George had had came into his supervisor's office shortly after talking with Clay. He plopped down in his seat and fidgeted with a fraying piece of his cast.

Techno hummed as his eyes skimmed over his computer screen. He said evenly, "Hmm, says here that he's on the record for... arson. Spent three years behind bars for setting fire to and blowing up a bank. Huh." His eyes darted to George. "Why do you ask?"

George nodded slowly at the new information. "Clay, err, Dream just told me everything that he went through. This Wilbur Soot guy has his little sister."

"And you believe him?"

George took in Techno's skeptical expression. He hesitated before saying, "I, well― yeah. He seemed like he was telling the truth."

"Uh huh," Techno muttered. "Why would you trust him? He lied to you for months and don't forget about the people that he's killed."

"He was forced. He said Wilbur is holding his sister hostage and Dream has to all his dirty work if he wants to see her again."

Technoblade studied him for a long moment. He stated disapprovingly, "You're defending him. After all he's done."

George winced and rubbed the back of his neck. "Kind of... he has a reason though. You have to take that into consideration."

"What am I supposed to do with this new information?"

George looked to his hands nervously before looking back to Techno. He said, "Um, I was hoping we could gather a team to save his sister. We find Wilbur, rescue Dream's sister, then all of our problems are solved. Dream no longer has to kill anyone and when we have Wilbur, we wouldn't have to worry about him finding someone else to do his dirty work."

Techno hummed thoughtfully. "I'll think about it."

George sighed in relief. "That's all I ask. Thank you."

George got up, a small smile lighting his cheeks at Techno's nod. He left his boss's office with new hope.

"Detective!" Agent Quackity called from George's right. "I wanted to talk to you."

George held back a frown and replied, "What do you want to talk about?"

"I, uh," Quackity coughed and looked down embarrassingly. "I'm sorry for saying those things to you. I didn't really mean it."

"I know," George said, his shoulders relaxing, "you were still upset over your friend's death, I get it."

Quackity sighed in relief. "We got off on the wrong foot." He stuck his hand out and said with a grin, "I'm Alex, one of Mexico's top agents."

George grinned and shook the outstretched hand. "Hi Alex, I'm George, head detective on the Dream Case."

The two started walking to the office. Alex said, "Congratulations on that, by the way... must've been hard turning him in, but you did it. Takes guts."

George nodded wordlessly. Alex added, "I'm heading back home in a couple days, but if I'm needed more here I might stay longer."

"Thank you for you help," George said. "I'm glad I got to meet you."

Alex grinned. "Same here. It would be cool to partner with you on a case sometime. Anyways, see you around!"

George nodded with a grin and waved back to Alex, who walked into a room that wasn't George's destination. George pulled out his phone and called Karl.